How to remove/disappear stretch marks from belly?

:explode: Ok, I was 204 pounds, am currently at 196 :) but the thing is that I have now stretch marks.... :( what you girls recomend me!!!!! am going crazy!!! imagin I keep dream to lose all my weight , so that i can wear bikini for next summer on my vacations...., and now not being able to do so because am gonna end up with stretch marks!! :( please girls give me all your advises!!!!! please:sad: :sad: :explode: :sad:

Replies

• huney, unfortunately, they are there forever. I still have stretch marks, especially on my stomach. But you know what, I rock a bikini now and forget about them!!!
  • Gwoman2012
    Gwoman2012 Posts: 163 Member
    The best you can hope for is that they fade.

Stretch marks are permanent:(
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,502 Member
    Stretch marks are actually scars. You can "hide" them with creams, concealers, and even tanning, but you'll never get rid of them.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Netterz0087
    Netterz0087 Posts: 91 Member
    Taken from a picture:

"They're not stretch marks. You're a tiger than earned your stripes." :)
  • neaneawy
    neaneawy Posts: 146 Member
    they're going anywhere without surgery. I've lost my weight and my abs are pretty tone now. I'm happy with the improvement my stretched out stomach has made. I wore a bikini all summer and I think I looked great! I thought I would want surgery, but after seeing the improvement in my stomach with diet and exercise vs. pre and postop pics online. I don't think surgery is worth it for me.
  • Minnoke
    Minnoke Posts: 26
    I would reccomend using something like vitamin e oil, bio oil, cocoa butter, or coconut oil as a moisturiser twice a day and staying really well hydrated to help fade your stretchmarks faster and to help prevent you getting new ones as you lose weight. You can get rid of them entirely with things like laser, fraxel or microderm but its ridiculously expensive...
  • Taken from a picture:

"They're not stretch marks. You're a tiger than earned your stripes." :)

HAHAHAHAH LOVE THAT IDEA!!!! thanks
  • huney, unfortunately, they are there forever. I still have stretch marks, especially on my stomach. But you know what, I rock a bikini now and forget about them!!!

ayayaiiii!!! :sad: :brokenheart: :sad: :brokenheart:
  • AmberRiche4
    AmberRiche4 Posts: 21 Member
    Not sure what you have tried but two things I found helped (have to use regularly and pref right from the beginning) are baby oil and Bio-oil esp straight after your shower/bath. Doesn't remove but makes them less noticeable and keeps skin more supple.
  • Stretch marks so evil! I've got them myself from dropping and putting weight on. However I found that since I started using coco-butter lotion and those pregnancy lotion in my trouble areas I haven't had a new stretch mark in years! Hope that helps, I know it won't get rid of existing but hey why not try to prevent some new ones?
  • Stretch marks are actually scars. You can "hide" them with creams, concealers, and even tanning, but you'll never get rid of them.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Thank you for the info!!! ill try what ever it takes :sad: to atleast hide them :glasses:
  • they're going anywhere without surgery. I've lost my weight and my abs are pretty tone now. I'm happy with the improvement my stretched out stomach has made. I wore a bikini all summer and I think I looked great! I thought I would want surgery, but after seeing the improvement in my stomach with diet and exercise vs. pre and postop pics online. I don't think surgery is worth it for me.

Thank you for the advise!!!!!!! :smile:
  • I would reccomend using something like vitamin e oil, bio oil, cocoa butter, or coconut oil as a moisturiser twice a day and staying really well hydrated to help fade your stretchmarks faster and to help prevent you getting new ones as you lose weight. You can get rid of them entirely with things like laser, fraxel or microderm but its ridiculously expensive...

Yeah, am gonna tryi what you just told me.... now that i found out that we will be together FOREVER (LOL) am gonna take care of them so I can hide them and prevent new ones....
  • Not sure what you have tried but two things I found helped (have to use regularly and pref right from the beginning) are baby oil and Bio-oil esp straight after your shower/bath. Doesn't remove but makes them less noticeable and keeps skin more supple.

NO i havent used nothing at all.. but i will follow your advise.
  • linhmaimac
    linhmaimac Posts: 148 Member
    Mederma, $35, is so worth it. I have stretch marks from my two pregnancies. After the first baby, I didn't use it and they were pretty visible. Now after the second baby, I have been using it almost twice a day for 3 months and its fading pretty good. Still there but not as obvious. i'm on my second bottle.
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Well what i did was use a cream specifically to tone down the color of my stretch marks. Because the only thing that you can hope now is that the color of them tones down. Mine are very tonned down now and some have gone white. So they don't show as much.
  • Mederma, $35, is so worth it. I have stretch marks from my two pregnancies. After the first baby, I didn't use it and they were pretty visible. Now after the second baby, I have been using it almost twice a day for 3 months and its fading pretty good. Still there but not as obvious. i'm on my second bottle.

awesome!!!!!! where did you got it at???? Tell me pleaseee!
  • Well what i did was use a cream specifically to tone down the color of my stretch marks. Because the only thing that you can hope now is that the color of them tones down. Mine are very tonned down now and some have gone white. So they don't show as much.

ohh!!! good to know... ill start working on tonning them down!!
  • shanndigity
    shanndigity Posts: 34 Member
    huney, unfortunately, they are there forever. I still have stretch marks, especially on my stomach. But you know what, I rock a bikini now and forget about them!!!
    U ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy:
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    non-fractional laser works..its not as expensive as people think but it will require several treatments.

edit: corrected type of laser.