Started a week ago; I NEED friends!

Options
Hello Gang,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I am from Raleigh, North Carolina, the mother of 3 boys, and wife of 1!!! I am 32 years old with 70 pounds to lose. My weight is substantial; but my only advantage is the it almost 6 feet tall. My doctor said that I need to lose this weight or get lab band surgery (which I do not want)!
For the past few years I have put myself to the side to be a mother to my boys and the best wife I can be.

My goal is to get healthy. I started this life change by joining a nearby gym, and changing my eating habits but yall I'm lost! I go to the gym every other day and walk 40 minutes; on my days off from the gym; I so the Beach Body at home. I have never done anything like this before I am totally confused about the number of calories allotted per day vs the number of calories I can eat.

Please help me. I also would like to know what things are healthy and filling.

Thanks

Replies

• Lacyleanne
    Lacyleanne Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey I just started back too! I'll be your friend. My name is Lacy, 25, from Texas and I have about 70 lbs to lose.
  • 118R3volution
    Options
    Welcome! Added you!!! Anyone is welcome to add me as a friend also and we can boost motivation all round!
  • Cblackburn221
    Cblackburn221 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I will add you too!!
  • 118R3volution
    Options
    Clean protein is healthy and filling, as well as whole grain foods. My best suggestion would to be watch out for sugar, and avoid it if you can! =)
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Hey Welcome! I'm sending a request now :)
  • kariberi84
    kariberi84 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm always up for new friends. I don't always have the time to comment on statuses, but I will still be your friend!
  • rebrcca3434
    Options
    Feel free to friend me. I have a bit more than you to lose and pretty active on the site. Love visiting NC in the summer :)
  • bosslady69
    bosslady69 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm game I have no friends on here either. Add me someone.....anyone, lol
  • bvalerie43
    Options
    I dont know how to add friends yet!!! Im still looking!
  • shierrarobin
    Options
    I have been on MFP for a while and anyone on this thread or anywhere else is more than welcome to add me. My diary is also open to the public.
  • jawheb
    jawheb Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'll add you!!
  • fat214
    fat214 Posts: 109
    Options
    Welcome :)
  • bronnibee
    Options
    Adding you now. Welcome
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I am sending you a friend request. This site is amazing, it will help you so much with all the questions that you have.
  • AlissaFL
    AlissaFL Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm Alissa and I'm new here too. I need friends also. Our weight goals are similar.
  • JilianneNicole
    JilianneNicole Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hello I am a mom of 3 boys and have been on here for about 6 months! I log everyday and encourage and help when I can! Add me as a friend and anyone else can add me as well. I have had great success here!
  • talk2meyou
    Options
    Hello,

First let me say, "It is really neat to read a intro that doesn't sound like a pickup line".
    This is the first time I have replied to a post. I am sincerely excited about what progress I have made. I also understand what works for one person may not work for another.

My hat is off to you for giving so much of you to your kids. I was one once although it was so long ago I could be wrong. Your unselfish nature towards your family is important but I think taking care of yourself should be balanced amongst all those selfless activities.

I doubt if I can bring you any wisdom that you don't already know but my family tells me I do a good raw, raw on occasion. I would like to share this. I am 60yeears old, I am disabled and walking is much like getting a tooth pulled without novacain with each step for me. Therefore excerise is not an option. I have lost 12 pounds in 10 days and don't feel I have done anything to have lost it. I take no chemicals or stimulants of any kind other than a cup of coffee every other day. I had a dietition tell me one thing that is causing me to loose weight. She said to me after an hour of asking me questions, eat whatever you want. Fill your plate with whatever you want. AND you can have seconds but only after waiting for 15 to 20 minutes after you finish your plate. I swear, it is the most amazing thing. I either get distracted or just decide that I no longer want seconds. 12 pounds in 10 days and I don't feel like I had to sacrafice anything.

Myfitnesspal.com helps me by allowing me to see the progress but I don't believe it is needed.

With that being said, I truly wish you good luck. You sound like a person who can do anything once she makes her mind up.
  • Tsunami79
    Tsunami79 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Avriel,

I just started today, even though I joined a bout a week ago. I also have to loose about the same as you, for me it's 50 pounds.

I am like you in a way, where I have always taken care of others and everyone in my family says, I should start taking care of me for a change, which is really hard for me, as you know.

Feel free to add me, I am also looking for friends.
  • Connieburt
    Connieburt Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me....i also have been on her for a little while and don't have to many friends yet.hope to get to know you soon :-)
  • blinkiii
    blinkiii Posts: 90
    Options
    Hey! I'll send a request, I'm new here as well (:
    Anyone is welcome to add me.