Which Alcohol to keep calories lower?

Options
Gong out tonight, alcohol involved, what are my best bets for keeping the calories low?

Replies

• sandiegosummer
    Options
    Diet coke and vodka or Bacardi (depending on what you can drink ) or vodka/Bacardi and soda water
  • mekutataki
    Options
    If you like beer, try miller 64, 64 calories and my husband loves it and he is a real beer snob. Me I will splurge on one really good drink, I love me a white russian!
  • tinyrah
    tinyrah Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Voli vodka
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Vodka or Rum. Watch the mixers tho.Thats where the calories come in. Have a rum with diet coke. Thats about 65-70 calories
  • drea85an
    drea85an Posts: 130
    Options
    Rum with diet coke it is!

I am a beer snob too, and I dnt know if I could do that! Might have to try it!
  • missygurl_27
    Options
    last time i went out and drank coolers. I found the time before i went with vokda and got a little to wild haha. Anyway my coolers were 100 calories each
  • rosemariewilde
    Options
    It's always a Bloody Mary for me, few calories in vodka, plus you get veggies to fill you up & at $5 each, it's only one for me!
  • mekutataki
    Options
    SOme places also offer "skinny girl" cocktails, may be worth asking about!
  • SJSharksChick
    SJSharksChick Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Yup, my signature bar drink is diet coke & vodka or captain. It's called a 'skinny *****'. Yummy & gets you a good buzz :-)
  • Timmyttt418
    Timmyttt418 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Vodka and Diet 7 up or sprite with a slice of lime
  • asolano7
    asolano7 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If you're doing dinner red wine is a great bet
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    When I started losing weight, I made the switch from beer to Captain & Diet. Granted, I don't drink all that much, but every little bit counts. And whereas my Yuengling has 135 calories (even a Coors Light has 104), a C&D has only 50.

http://www.beer100.com/beercalories.htm

Have a great time tonight! Think I'll pour myself a glass of shiraz... :)
  • cvitez1
    cvitez1 Posts: 39
    Options
    Vodka and club with a splash of cranberry and a lime...that's my go-to
  • Brinasacat
    Brinasacat Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Sparkling white wine, around 80 calories for a 4 ounce glass and seems festive!
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Try ice water, 0 callories.
  • healthychanges1
    Options
    Everclear :drinker:
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    If Im going to be drinking a lot I have either gin or vodka and seltzer water or club soda. If its just one or two drinks I'll have white wine.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Dont worry about it.
    Call it a cheat day.

Anything consumed with alcohol gets second priority anyway.
    Just go out and enjoy.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Pretty much all the hard liquors are around 70cal per ounce... doesn't matter if it's whiskey, tequila, schnapps, rum or vodka or (mmmmmmm) flavored vodka.

So if you want a little extra flavor, get vanilla vodka or vanilla rum in diet cola.
  • MarlaChandlerBarton
    MarlaChandlerBarton Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    vodka and water (none of the diet drinks, they are really bad for you and they are known to put on the lbs!) Lots of lemon with the Vodka and water. Sip it, it's really refreshing! May have to get used to it though. Good luck!