Getting my life back!!

Options
So today was D day for me at the Wellness Center. I had to get on what I call the "You Suck Scale" aka body composition scale. In my 12 week program we get on this scale at the beginning, the middle, and the end of the program. At the same time they also do body measurements. Well today was week 7 so besides just knowing that I have been losing weight, I get to find out other stuff and this is what I found out about my weight loss progress halfway through my 12 week program (in 7 weeks):
I have officially met my weight loss goal set by my dietitian to have met by September 12th by losing 16.8 pounds in 7 weeks.
I have lowered my BMI 2.7.
I have lowered my Fat Mass 10.6 pounds.
I have lost 5.45 inches off my waist, 2.70 inches off my abdomen,0.7 inches off my hips, 1.7 inches off my thighs, and 1.2 inches off my biceps. While my trainer was impressed with all the numbers and super psyched about the waist and abdominal numbers, she was shocked at the thigh and bicep numbers because usually you dont lose alot of inches in those areas.
My trainer was especially proud of my progress as I am and she said I should celebrate tonight. She walked around telling everyone about my progress. This is a victory for not only me but anyone who has worked with me over the last 7 weeks. With that being said I share this victory tonight with Duke Raleigh Wellness Center!

Replies

• Sassy9411
    Sassy9411 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Nice job! That is extremely awesome! Especially all those inches! Congrats to you. :smile:
  • RenaHewitt
    RenaHewitt Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    WTG!!
  • carolebville
    carolebville Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and I'm so proud of you (as I'm sure many others will be, too)!!!! It sounds like you've got the determination and have acquired the skills to take this further! Enjoy your evening and celebrate!
    :bigsmile:
  • traumacode3
    traumacode3 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! I celebrated by having a healthy lunch with the receptionist from my doctors office who is a good friend. Then I checked in with the hospital chaplain who came over to the wellness center and met me weeks ago when I was so broken and in the beginning of this process. I wanted to thank him also for coming to see me that day. Then I came home and cut grass before passing out for the night. That was my celebrating! I do appreciate all of your comments and I hope somewhere I might be an inspiration to someone else who has struggled with a weight loss journey
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Great story!! Congrats.
  • allnewellie
    Options
    KUTGW!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!