Heart Rate Monitor (Pro-Form TX-300) Review after using it f

Options
So, I finally got a heart rate monitor. It's a Pro-Form TX-300 from Walmart. The chest strap feels a bit odd, and I don't think my boobs exactly "like" the electrodes, but it seems to be accurately tracking my heart rate so far.

There is one flaw that I have managed to find so far with this product though. WiFi signal seems to block the watch from receiving the signal from the chest strap. I had the watch on my wrist, started to type here, and the heart rate dropped off. I took the watch off and moved in into several different locations around my computer, printer, and WiFi router. Right next to each device the watch dropped the heart rate signal, but it's okay 6'' or more from each device. So, I am thinking that I might put a necklace through it and wear it around my neck so it stays away from my laptop. lol

Other than that...the Pro-Form TX-300 seems like a worthy purchase. It has: backlit display, clock, stopwatch, is waterproof to 20m, calorie burn counter, heart rate zone monitors, continuous heart rate reading, and fat burned. It also comes with a 5-year warranty. Which is pretty cool. As far as the design goes it seems pretty spot on and durable. So, it should be able to survive some light abuse. I would recommend this product to anyone unless they work right next to WiFi farm or something. lol

Replies

• AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    This is good to know. I have been looking for personal opinions on HRMs. I seen the one at Wal-Mart (Pro-Form) and another at Target (Polar P4) that I want to try. I fear that working out with the Wii, or any of my other wireless equipment could mess up the readings.

Thanks for the post love!! <3
  • lnosgood
    lnosgood Posts: 92
    Options
    I just purchased one of these as well. Still trying to figure out how to show the calories burned but it did a good job with the heart rate. I'd recommend this watch to anyone looking for an inexpensive hrm. :)
  • gbreeze08
    Options
    Has anyone figured out how to track the calories burned for a workout? Does one need to have the belt on or would the watch by itself work? The manual that came with it is crap.
  • choate48
    choate48 Posts: 4
    Options
    Sorry to dig up an old topic, but I just go this from Wal-Mart. I like how it works and feels on.
    It took me a little time to figure out how to get the calories burned to work, all you have to do is to start the stopwatch, and it will start to calculate your calories burned.
  • dianerides
    dianerides Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    For the life of me I can't figure out how to turn the Alarm to OFF! :explode:
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I just bought one of these and for the life of me cannot figure out how to get the calorie counter to work. What am I doing wrong? URGH!!!!!
  • tweak222
    tweak222 Posts: 40
    Options
    The key to using all of the featuers is the stopwatch. Start the stopwatch and all should work (calories/fatburn counters).

As for the alarm:

At the clock screen with the day/date/time press the OPTION button.
    When the Day/Date changes to the alarm time press and HOLD the option button til the Alarm settings come up.
    Use the S/S button to cycle through til the screen says OFF then press the OPTION button to cycle to set the alarm time then your done(if its off then I don't see that that's necessary just press button til back at beginning).

The worst part about this HRM from what I read is the instructions are awful. If you can figure out how to operate the darn thing, It seems to work pretty darn good.
  • Kelles86
    Options
    I just bought this and I don't know if it's broken or what, but I have the chest strap on and watch and followed the directions and have been pressing my fingers on the silver part and hitting mode twice and absolutely nothing shows up on the watch! :( Did anyone else have this problem? Am I doing something wrong? So disappointed.