Options

Replies

• spicyginger2006
    spicyginger2006 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    OMG your BMI is 19?!?? you poor thing. try having it be 49
  • miniveganprincess
    Options
    It had butter on it and that's disgusting. Butter is gross and I don't need it. I eat very little carbs. Just because im on vacation right now doesn't mean I need to be fat and selfish and indulge like some people. That's just called being fat.
  • Pdkmcdet
    Options
    I entered my foods into the sight and it is saying I need to eat more calories. I am 400 calories under the suggestion. What should I eat to add good calories? I am not hungry...
  • Avistew
    Avistew Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You're not going to gain weight for one bad day. It evens out from one day to the next. Also, it takes 3,500 calories to gain one pound of fat. Since you only ate 1,700 calories, you definitely haven't eaten 3,500 calories more than your BMR+activity (and since you didn't stay in bed, you did have some activity).
    I know that what other people say doesn't affect the way you see yourself, but you are not fat. Your BMI is 19, which is very low. You're close to being underweight. If your BMI is under 25, you are not overweight, and it's way, way below that.

What amount of calories does MyFitnessPal recommend you eat daily? If it's less than the 1,700 you ate, you can correct that by eating less in the next few days, spreading it over about a week, without going under 1,200 on any day (going under 1,200 is bad for you so you need to avoid it. With such a low number of calories, you don't get all the vitamins and other nutrients you need.)

In short, don't beat yourself up. You made smart choices and your total number of calories is still under the average recommended for a woman (2,000). To know how big of a "splurge" it was, we really need to know your BMR (you can calculate it in "tools"), multiplied it by your activity level, and the number of calories MyFitnessPal recommends you eat daily.
  • Snail313
    Snail313 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    you need to eat a cheeseburger
  • dbarchus
    dbarchus Posts: 42
    Options
    They are right, you need therapy, unless your therapist told you to use this site/app to help you deal with your condition. People here ARE trying to learn to eat healthy, most to lose weight or condition for something specific. I don't know if you'll find enough people recovering from orthorexia to get a good support base.

I don't often send people to other sites that charge fees, but you may be better served by going to beyondiet.com to read about healthy eating. Then use this site to track your eating habits and find out if you are eating up to a nutritious level.
  • amaodonnell
    amaodonnell Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Your stats scare me. 4'7 and 84 pounds? You don't need to lose any weight! Please be careful, because being too skinny can kill you!
  • miniveganprincess
    Options
    I really would love to lose 10 pounds though! I'd love to be skinnier then normal or fat!
  • stelasparkle
    Options
    Protein helps control bloating, I wouldn't worry about 1 day. It's more than 1 day that will really start catching up with you. Sometimes it's nice to give your system a break. Have fun zip lining! I'm also BMI 19.5, and that last 10 lbs is so hard!!!!! I just want my jiggly thighs to go away! Good luck!
  • miniveganprincess
    Options
    My thighs aren't jiggly :P ha.
    Mine are 14 inches around at the top! I have belly " fat " though.
  • Avistew
    Options
    I entered my foods into the sight and it is saying I need to eat more calories. I am 400 calories under the suggestion. What should I eat to add good calories? I am not hungry...

Are you just about to go to bed? If not, wait a bit and see if you get hungrier. The only reason they could ask you to eat more is if you are under 1200, which would make it 800 for the whole day... which is definitely very low!

You could have some lean meat (if you eat meat) with some steamed veggies, or you could have rice and beans for instance. Do not fill up on unhealthy calories just to reach the total.

If you're really not hungry, and about to go to bed... I would say don't force yourself to eat, but starting tomorrow, try to plan ahead so that by the middle of the day you have eaten half the calories, spreading them along the day, so you're not left at the end trying hard to fit in more calories without having room left in your stomach.
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    :indifferent:
  • likemeinvisible
    Options
    This is just one day and 1600cal is meaningless you won't get fat or skinny. Give mfp a real try, log food and exercise for two weeks and see what happens. BMI of 19.5 is great but you can always improve. either tone up or strengthen your cardio, whatever your goal is.
  • miniveganprincess
    Options

What about donuts? Would that work? I just bought a dozen donuts because I WANT them but my mind says " no fatty " so.. Lol
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Quite obviously a troll. Move on, people.
  • miniveganprincess
    Options
    Quite obviously a troll. Move on, people.

I'm not you eating disordered thinking you know everything lady.
    I'm not. I'm real. I'm being serious.
    Geez.
  • Snail313
    Snail313 Posts: 214 Member
    Options

What about donuts? Would that work? I just bought a dozen donuts because I WANT them but my mind says " no fatty " so.. Lol

Yes donuts would work too but they wont keep you full as long. Eat one for me! :tongue:
  • stelasparkle
    Options
    I totally broke down and ate the doughnuts at the office today, PMS equalls no will power. I'm still at calorie goal with some cardio, though. 1 donut day won't kill me. I'll still look good in my skinny jeans, just not quite as good as a model. (Some men might disagree, though, lol) Guys like booty! Remember this girls!
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    It had butter on it and that's disgusting. Butter is gross and I don't need it. I eat very little carbs. Just because im on vacation right now doesn't mean I need to be fat and selfish and indulge like some people. That's just called being fat.

Actually, butter is good for you. This blog pretty much says it all: http://wellnessmama.com/1265/why-you-need-saturated-fat/
  • Avistew
    Options

Actually, butter is good for you. This blog pretty much says it all: http://wellnessmama.com/1265/why-you-need-saturated-fat/

Yes, be careful not to lower your fat too much! I knew a woman who was obsessed with cutting fat, not just for her but for her kids too (adopted kids. She couldn't have kids, 100% because of her diet making her unable to, not other fertility problem). The father tried to sneak in fat for them as much as he could, but they still ended up with brain conditions from not getting enough fat while their brains were developing. Not enough fat is worse that too much of it, a gram for a gram.