Stupid question...for those that do at home workouts...

Options
13»

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Mostly barefoot, but I occasionally wear my Vibram Five Fingers (which are the next best thing to being barefoot).
  • ExcelWithMel
    ExcelWithMel Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I do wear my shoes for my at home workouts. The people on the videos do, so I do what they do. I have a pair just for this.

Except yoga. No shoes in yoga. Even at home.
  • eattolivetoeat
    Options
    I do workout videos and strength exercises at home and I always do them barefoot because better grip
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Barefoot and in my undies! :tongue:
    ^This. But I do low-to-no impact stuff at home, like the elliptical or yoga. If I ran, I'd wear shoes; I like the support and cushion.

*ETA: Plus, my morning sessions consist of my hitting my alarm and stumbling out of bed to the elliptical machine -- the fewer steps involved (I.e., putting on socks & shoes), the better!
  • waytogoraus
    Options
    I think it totally depends on how much support you personally need. I lift weights & do core/strength calisthenics barefoot but I hate doing cardio barefoot.
  • Dezmodus
    Dezmodus Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I wear shoes on machines, but I do yoga and general stuff barefoot.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I put on shoes for the 30DS. I think it would just feel weird if I didn't
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I wear shoes unless I'm doing yoga. I recall reading that lifting weights in bare feet is okay (or may even be better than wearing shoes) but I haven't tried it ... and doubt I will. I rate it with running bare foot; it sounds okay, just not for me.
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    I'm barefoot. It's up to you!
  • nabak147112
    nabak147112 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    i always do
  • funnigurl13
    funnigurl13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others who say some higher-impact aerobic-type stuff with shoes and Pilates or low-impact barefoot.
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522
    Options
    Depends on what I'm doing.
    I hate wearing shoes.
    I'm a weird case, I have flat feet, but I feel better when I don't have on shoes.
  • stfriend
    stfriend Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    For cardio I do not wear shoes. For lifting I generally wear my husbands flip flops unless I'm going to the trail afterward and then I'll wear sneaks. It doesn't hurt my feet or ankles at all.

Edited to change where to wear. Geesh.
  • ellizel
    ellizel Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi your question is not stupid but I wear sneakers cause I'm doing insanity it's to much pressure and jumping to be bare footed but u should do whatever makes u comfortable :)
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    depends on what workout you do i guess... Pilates and yoga... no... but not for my Insanity or JM workouts... i have horrible ankles from volleyball...
  • Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    Options
    I only wear shoes when I leave the house to go running/walking and that's only because I have to wear shoes because the streets aren't barefoot friendly.

everything I do at home - yoga, bodyweight exercises, crossfit, strength training, whether its high intensity, low intensity, short sprints etc in my back yard - they are all done barefoot. I prefer it whether I am on the concrete, grass, carpet or exercise mat.

I did try shoes but it just didn't work for me and I injure myself pretty easily in shoes.
  • PaveGurl
    PaveGurl Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I almost always workout in a gym, so I wear Vibrams for treadmill/ elliptical/ weight lifting/ outdoor workouts. For yoga and pilates classes at the gym, I am barefoot (though I wear my Vibrams when I do yoga at home to keep me from sliding around. Hee!).

I feel like our bodies were made to operate without all that padding and whatnot, so why mess with perfection? ;)