can you judge my food?

Options

Replies

• magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Well, if you're a vegetarian, I want you to know how bad those little baby chicks suffered from the eggs you selfishly ate for breakfast. SHAME ON YOU!

Um eggs aren't chickens. That's like saying you're killing babies by having your period.
  • Avistew
    Avistew Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Well, if you're a vegetarian, I want you to know how bad those little baby chicks suffered from the eggs you selfishly ate for breakfast. SHAME ON YOU!

Um eggs aren't chickens. That's like saying you're killing babies by having your period.

Yeah, that was a pretty stupid comment. The eggs people eat aren't fertilized, especially in the conditions we're getting them nowadays (no rooster around to fertilize them). It would be a risk if you picked up an egg in nature, but not when ordering from a restaurant.

It's funny because people tend to say that for eggs and not say anything for milk... yet the milk industry commonly does kill calves so that they can take the milk that would have otherwise fed the calf. So although indirectly, you're more responsible for the death of baby animals when you drink milk than when you eat eggs.
    Neither directly kills animals though, that's why they're present in vegetarian diets.
  • Bucky2BeBetty
    Bucky2BeBetty Posts: 79 Member
    Options

Yeah, that was a pretty stupid comment. The eggs people eat aren't fertilized, especially in the conditions we're getting them nowadays (no rooster around to fertilize them). It would be a risk if you picked up an egg in nature, but not when ordering from a restaurant.

It's funny because people tend to say that for eggs and not say anything for milk... yet the milk industry commonly does kill calves so that they can take the milk that would have otherwise fed the calf. So although indirectly, you're more responsible for the death of baby animals when you drink milk than when you eat eggs.
    Neither directly kills animals though, that's why they're present in vegetarian diets.

Not to take this to a completely crazy tangent away from the obvious trolling that this originally began with but.....

Ever been to an actual farm? Farms are businesses. Farmers have to make money to stay in business. Calves are worth money. They aren't just killed although they are often removed from the cow and bottle fed. Dairy cows have been bred to produce much more milk than a calf can use. Here's more info from an actual dairy farm http://orangepatchdairy.blogspot.com/2010/02/why-do-you-take-calves-from-their.html
  • Gwoman2012
    Gwoman2012 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Not to be Debby Downer, but factory farmed eggs do result in the deaths of chicks (the males). They breed hens but dispose of all male chicks. It's actually really disturbing....that's why I love my local eggs where we can go visit the farm anytime we want.
  • dietstokes
    dietstokes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Wow. I couldn't even get past the first page so if someone said this already on the second page, then I'm sorry. But how dare some of you make fun of the OP for her intake or her comments. She has orthorexia. That is/can be just as damaging physically and mentally as anorexia, bulimia, ednos, any other ED I've missed. How dare you all. I am reporting ever person who has done that in this post. Hope you all have a nice day :bigsmile: *sarcasm*

As for you OP, I think for being in the car all day long, you made some really good choices! One day, even a few days of eating like that, will not make you fate. Bloated, maybe temporaraly, but not fat. What I would do is make sure you drink enough water over the next few days. I do hope that you are seeing a therapist so that you have someone to talk to about all of this. I understand when the mind makes you think things that are not quite in line with reality, having had some type of ED for the past 17 years. Feel free to friend me if you would like a understanding friend :flowerforyou:
  • TattooedMommy427
    TattooedMommy427 Posts: 283 Member
    Options

I was just messing with the OP because of her ridiculous post. It's called sarcasm.
  • faithfirst
    faithfirst Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Calling troll.

Yep
  • ritasice21
    ritasice21 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    lol, she has the same exact stats as my totally skinny and healthy 11 year old. It's called troll or anorexia, not orthrexia, way past that by now.
  • Avistew
    Avistew Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Ever been to an actual farm? Farms are businesses. Farmers have to make money to stay in business. Calves are worth money. They aren't just killed although they are often removed from the cow and bottle fed. Dairy cows have been bred to produce much more milk than a calf can use. Here's more info from an actual dairy farm http://orangepatchdairy.blogspot.com/2010/02/why-do-you-take-calves-from-their.html

Never meant that they were killed and thrown away. I assume they're sold as meat, veal is pretty popular and all. In the end, even if killed as an adult, the animal is killed, and wouldn't have been born if not for the milk. It's roundabout and indirect, I already said that before, but I believe it's different than eggs, that don't require a new animal to be born for each egg.

Anyway, complex subject and off-topic anyways.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    3orfn1.jpg
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    It had butter on it and that's disgusting. Butter is gross and I don't need it. I eat very little carbs. Just because im on vacation right now doesn't mean I need to be fat and selfish and indulge like some people. That's just called being fat.

I can't tell if you are trolling to be a b**** or if you seriously have a problem. Either way, you're coming off like a b****.
    If you do seriously have a problem, go get therapy and stop relying on strangers on the internet.
  • miniveganprincess
    Options
    It had butter on it and that's disgusting. Butter is gross and I don't need it. I eat very little carbs. Just because im on vacation right now doesn't mean I need to be fat and selfish and indulge like some people. That's just called being fat.

I can't tell if you are trolling to be a b**** or if you seriously have a problem. Either way, you're coming off like a b****.
    If you do seriously have a problem, go get therapy and stop relying on strangers on the internet.

i'm coming off as a ***** because of butter.
    lol.
    ok.

Orthorexia nervosa (also known as orthorexia) is not mentioned in the DSM[a] first used by Steven Bratman to characterize people who develop an obsession with avoiding foods perceived to be unhealthy.[1][2] Orthorexia nervosa is believed to be a mental disorder.[3] Bratman claims that in rare cases, this focus may turn into a fixation so extreme that it can lead to severe malnutrition or even death.[4] Even in less severe cases, the attempt to follow a diet that cannot provide adequate nourishment is said to lower self-esteem as the orthorexics blame themselves rather than their diets for their constant hunger and the resulting cravings for forbidden foods. [5]
    In 2009, Ursula Philpot, chair of the British Dietetic Association and senior lecturer at Leeds Metropolitan University,[6] described people with orthorexia nervosa to The Guardian as being "solely concerned with the quality of the food they put in their bodies, refining and restricting their diets according to their personal understanding of which foods are truly 'pure'." Compared to other eating disorders, such as anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa, whereby people "focus on quantity of food".[3]
    The term orthorexia derives from the Greek ορθο- (ortho, "right" or "correct"), and όρεξις (orexis, "appetite"), literally meaning a correct diet. It was introduced in 1997 by Doctor of Medicine Steven Bratman, to be used as a parallel with other eating disorders, such as anorexia nervosa.

That is why I was freaking out.
    Now go away.
    If I could just go to therapy I would, You have no idea what I go through and if you had no one like me and didn't know what to do, wouldn't you at least TRY and ask someone on the internet. geez.
  • miniveganprincess
    Options

I was just messing with the OP because of her ridiculous post. It's called sarcasm.

dwyrmx.gif
  • PS2CR
    PS2CR Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Trolling again?

(Her thread "Am I Skinny?" got locked and quickly deleted a couple days ago after she started calling people on here Fat Cows...people who were trying to HELP her. So please, nice folks, be warned.)
  • miniveganprincess
    Options
    Trolling again?

(Her thread "Am I Skinny?" got locked and quickly deleted a couple days ago after she started calling people on here Fat Cows...people who were trying to HELP her. So please, nice folks, be warned.)

because that lady with the kid said " HAHA you might as well kill yourself! " joking or not. It still wasn't right and it bothered me.
  • miniveganprincess
    Options
    Trolling again?

and I started calling fat cows because people like YOU keep saying I'm trolling. I AM ****ING NOT.
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options

i'm coming off as a ***** because of butter.
    lol.
    ok.

Orthorexia nervosa (also known as orthorexia) is not mentioned in the DSM[a] first used by Steven Bratman to characterize people who develop an obsession with avoiding foods perceived to be unhealthy.[1][2] Orthorexia nervosa is believed to be a mental disorder.[3] Bratman claims that in rare cases, this focus may turn into a fixation so extreme that it can lead to severe malnutrition or even death.[4] Even in less severe cases, the attempt to follow a diet that cannot provide adequate nourishment is said to lower self-esteem as the orthorexics blame themselves rather than their diets for their constant hunger and the resulting cravings for forbidden foods. [5]
    In 2009, Ursula Philpot, chair of the British Dietetic Association and senior lecturer at Leeds Metropolitan University,[6] described people with orthorexia nervosa to The Guardian as being "solely concerned with the quality of the food they put in their bodies, refining and restricting their diets according to their personal understanding of which foods are truly 'pure'." Compared to other eating disorders, such as anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa, whereby people "focus on quantity of food".[3]
    The term orthorexia derives from the Greek ορθο- (ortho, "right" or "correct"), and όρεξις (orexis, "appetite"), literally meaning a correct diet. It was introduced in 1997 by Doctor of Medicine Steven Bratman, to be used as a parallel with other eating disorders, such as anorexia nervosa.

That is why I was freaking out.
    Now go away.
    If I could just go to therapy I would, You have no idea what I go through and if you had no one like me and didn't know what to do, wouldn't you at least TRY and ask someone on the internet. geez.

I love the "you don't know what I go through." You're such a victim. I guess you know everything I've been through right?

Stop asking for help from strangers on the internet if you aren't willing to take it. You obviously know the problem, you have proven that above. The internet is not the place to get the kind of help you need.

Good luck with your journey.

ETA: It's your profile saying "CW 83lbs, GW 50lbs" that makes you seem like a troll. You should probably change that if you want to be taken seriously.
  • PS2CR
    Options
    Trolling again?

because that lady with the kid said " HAHA you might as well kill yourself! " joking or not. It still wasn't right and it bothered me.

I agree that was rude, but your response to that rudeness put you right in the same bracket.
  • PS2CR
    Options
    Trolling again?

and I started calling fat cows because people like YOU keep saying I'm trolling. I AM ****ING NOT.

From Merriam-Webster:
    trolling - present participle of troll (Verb)
    Verb:
    1) Fish by trailing a baited line along behind a boat: "we trolled for mackerel".
    2) Search for something.

And we all know the internet definition. I'd say you fall somewhere between #2 of Merriam-Webster and that. You are (IF not a bonafide internet troll) searching for something that can't be found here. It's the one glaring symptom of your illness. You seek attention for your weird eating habits, your appearance, and your desire to weigh 50 lbs. (now there's a goal weight no one on here will ignore, right??).

I said it in the "Am I Skinny?" thread, and I'll repeat it one last time here. You need therapy to dig out the reason for why you are so desperate for attention--you don't need perfect strangers reassuring you that you are skinny--or any other kind of "enough." See, there's no end to enough, especially for people with food issues. And if you want healing more than you want 'enough' attention then you will find a way to get it (there ARE low cost options out there).

If I sound hard-hearted, it's because I've been there, and this whole issue just makes me angry, now. And people who won't take helpful advice, but prefer to whine and angst and wallow in their victimhood are as tiresome as trolls, to me at least.