Exercise Database - What should I put for this?

Options
So, I work in fast food. These shifts usually require general standing, moving around, cleaning, etc. For my exercise, what do you think I should put for that? I don't want my counts to be inaccurate or overestimated.

Replies

• bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Change your activity level from sedentary to lightly/moderately active. Things you do every day are more a TDEE thing than an exercise thing.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_guided
  • kzcortes
    kzcortes Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's an exercise for it but when you try to figure out your BMR you can put down the second level above sedentary.
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I agree that it should be a change in your activity level, not an exercise. : ) It'll automatically add x amount of calories per day. it's more of an over time average than logging it every day, if you really want to log it as exercise I think it would require a good hrm.
  • A_Shannigans
    A_Shannigans Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I would also change the activity level because it would be very hard to determine something like that without an HRM. Walking slow pace perhaps but for how long? Pert of the time you are just standing. Much simpler to reflect it in your activity level.
  • pr0xy
    pr0xy Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks, everyone. I just changed my activity level :) Hopefully this will motivate me to do some actual exercising!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to switch to lightly active (like me) then this is what I do. I have a pedometer that I keep on me (costs about $5 at walmart) and if I walk about 5 miles, I enter it in as 150 minutes of "walking, leisurely pace at 2 miles/hour". I walk a lot more than you do probably but you get the point