POWER 90 VS INSANITY?

Options
I CURRENTLY WALK ALOT,AND DANCE ALOT(SINCE MIDDLE OF MAY WALKIN 1 1/2 MILES -3MILES/3-4DAY/WK)AND 2 WKS AGO STARTED DANCING EVERYDAY! 35-60 MINS (DANCE CENTRAL OR ZUMBA) I DO OWN P90X,BUT WANNA SHED SOME MORE WEIGHT B4 DOING IT AGAIN DUE TO BAD BACK/AND IT WAS PRETTY HARD CORE!(CURRENTLY 191, 5'3),MY QUESTION IS THIS B4 I DO P90X,WHAT'LL GET SOME OF THIS FAT OFF ME POWER 90? ORR INSANITY?...I WANT SOMETHING ...TO GEAR UP FOR P90X,ANY THOUGHTS?THANX :smile: :happy:

Replies

• birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I've done both...P90x first then Insanity and found Insanity to be harder.
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    to lose weight best bet is insanity, p90x is more tone and fat burn
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I don't have Insanity, but am thinking I'd like to try it. I have done P90X three times. I found the LEAN routine going with the 12-15 reps at slightly less weight to be great for optimizing weight loss while still significantly improving my strength and endurance. The CLASSIC routine is less cardio intense, but works the muscles seriously if you are doing higher weight/lower reps.

If you're really wanting to shed pounds, then you're probably better off focusing more on cardio burn… but don't give up on strength training, even if it's calisthenics. I really liked Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30. Both are kick-a** routines, but easily modified until you get stronger. I just don't like doing the same workout repetitively… and it increases the likelihood of overuse/repetitive injuries. So, I did those routines 3-4 days/wk and worked in a couple of other workouts… cardio based, like Turbo Jam.

Good luck!!!
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    THANX,I GET BORED EASILY ASWELL,...LIKE TO DO SOMETHING DIFF HERE AND THERE,JUST DONT WANNA SPEND ALOT OF $ AND NOT LIKE IT,...THANX AGAIN!
  • Anastasia0511
    Anastasia0511 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    THANX,I GET BORED EASILY ASWELL,...LIKE TO DO SOMETHING DIFF HERE AND THERE,JUST DONT WANNA SPEND ALOT OF $ AND NOT LIKE IT,...THANX AGAIN!

Insanity! Not only will you lose the weight your're trying to but it will seriously strengthen your heart and get you in excellent cardio condition. Yes its hard, yes you sweat, yes you'll cuss Shaun T out, NO you will not be bored. There is no other exercise out there on the market today (with the exception of The Asylum which is Insanity as well) that will get inside your head like Insanity and Shaun T do. It's more than a workout, its like a mini counseling session each time you do it, and in my opinion there's always a reason behind gaining weight, and if you don't take care of your mind first and find out why you're (not you, but us in general) out of shape you'll lose the weight, gain it, lose it gain it. Insanity pushes you to the core, it gets inside your head and it pisses you off, it eats at you and it drives you mad until one day you're standing there at your TV like, "You know what Shaun, I got it from here, dude". You finally wake up and you get it.

Shaun T in my opinion is the BEST trainer out there. Yes the BEST. He cares what is going on and his programs are geared to push you the the brink of, well, Insanity lol. He tests your limits, your patience, your physical strengths leaves you feeling good about yourself with a smile on your face, "I'm smiling cause I LIKE it" lol. He says that in one of his workouts and he's being a wise *kitten* cause he knows we're all about to die, but he wants you to keep going and dig deeper inside and keep trying. I've met him twice and fitness and his fans are important to him you can tell.
    I have done Insanity three times all the way through, twice back to back prepping for The Asylum, and I just now completed The Asylum for the third time and doing Les Mills Pump. I am a huge Beachbody fan and use a lot of their supplements, shakes and own many of their DVD workouts. NO I am not a BB coach either, just a huge fan. If they paid to be in an Insanity commercial I would do it for free, thats how strongly I believe in it. It changed my entire life, my mind and the way I think about everything now, not just exercise. That guy pushed me to my limits, got me so riled up and pissed off lol to where finally one day i just got it and I haven't looked back since.

P.S. Buy it and if you don't like it within 30 days send it back. No worries, hassle free. Beachbody is amazing with returns and will not jerk you around. Also, if you use the oldschool original Beachbody website, and not TeamBeachbody.com you can actually make 3 month payments on it. Not saying money's an issue but for some it is and they're glad to get that bit of information. My apologies for such a long a s s reply :D
  • Chaoticjacket
    Chaoticjacket Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started power 90, thinking about doing insanity want to lose fat quicker. Is insanity pushup intense? I currently max out at about 12 pushups before my body gives out.