What weight made you happy (in your past)?

1235»

Replies

• Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    For me I originally set what I considered a realistic goal of 150-140lbs, down from 190lbs. 140lbs was what I weighed when I got married, so I was pretty hell bent on getting back down to that - but ultimately in the back of my mind I knew I really wanted to weigh 120lbs again, like I did before I got pregnant with my son. (Also back when I was still struggling with anorexia.) So when I got to 140lbs, I thought I looked good, but since the weight was still coming off I figured I'd go down to 130lbs... then I wanted to drop down to 120lbs, and it was pretty much after I hit 125lbs that my husband had a long conversation with me, I broke down, and decided to maintain at 130lbs. Sometimes you have to realize what you feel like is your ideal weight is just a number, nothing more. I look great and I feel amazing and comfortable at 130. 125 I felt sick and starving all the time, tired and irritable. Amazing how much difference 5 pounds can make, but yeah. :) I'm 5'7 and 27 years old in case you were wondering that.
  • Pink_Tina
    Pink_Tina Posts: 164
    I was completely happy being 5'4 and 136 lbs when I finished basic training and tech school way back in '97. That was the fittest time of my life ... and then it all went downhill from there. :indifferent:
  • Jeremy_
    Jeremy_ Posts: 36 Member
    Throughout college I held steady at 175. But I was also still a bit scrawny.

I'd be happy with 180-185 and 8-10% body fat. If I hit 8% I could care less how much I weigh, just as long as I'm fit.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    I honestly dont know what its like to have a "happy weight"