SO PISSED

Options
i gained 2lb WTF ..i dont understand im doing everything im suppost to staying below calories and i freaking gained,im so mad and upset,its very discouraging its been a month that im dieting and still havent even lost 5lbs ..i just dont know what else to do,i go to the gym atleast 3-4 times a week,i wont give up,im just so pissed:angry:

Replies

• cathy1678
    Options
    :mad:
  • wingednotes
    Options
    Maybe you are bloated or TOM? Or if you exercised heavily yesterday, maybe you are retaining from that?
  • Happyirisheyes
    Happyirisheyes Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi there try not to let it get you down. I think we women have it especially difficult. I think we have to deal with water retention, fluctuating hormones etc so that doesn't help us. Try and persevere, just do what you can today and then start afresh tomorrow. Hope that helps :flowerforyou:
  • LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    First off, remember this is a lifestyle change, not a diet.
    And secondly, it's only been a month. Don't worry about it. Weight can fluctuate as much as 5 lbs daily. On top of that 2 lbs is probably water retention. How's your sodium intake? Are you drinking your 8 glasses of water?
  • pfgaytriot
    pfgaytriot Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hum... What is your daily sodium intake? Hang in there!
  • pfgaytriot
    pfgaytriot Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    First off, remember this is a lifestyle change, not a diet.
    And secondly, it's only been a month. Don't worry about it. Weight can fluctuate as much as 5 lbs daily. On top of that 2 lbs is probably water retention. How's your sodium intake? Are you drinking your 8 glasses of water?

^This
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    5lb in a month is a decent loss. are your muscles sore? they may be holding water! did you eat anything high sodium (surprising what is) it will make you hold water. is it near tom? you will hold water... lots of reasons you hold water and if your doing if right it is all it will be. weigh in same place, same time each week with same clothes or naked! x
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I strongly recommend you take a read through the first post in this thread.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/689968-losing-1-lb-or-more-in-24-hours
  • cathy1678
    Options
    yea i think i am bloated also since its almost time for the monthly...but im just pissed 2lb is alot, meanwhile my husband lost 3 and pisses me off even more..and i cook and he eats what i make and he dont even count calories..lol UGH MEN SUCK...lol..but im headed to the gym and will keep doing it.
  • freyamaclachlan
    Options
    could be water retention, or if you are working out hard, you could be gaining muscle, focus on inches not pounds and stick with it :D
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I've been at this for 2 months now and the first month, I gained too....but, it's starting to come off now...don't give up. If you are feeling better with what you are doing, then it's worth it. You could be gaining muscle...you could be retaining water...you could be having too much sodium in your diet (which is what my problem always is). But, the point is...do what makes you feel good. Exercising and eating healthier will make you feel better...and the weight will come off. Unfortunately, it doesn't ever happen as quick as any of us would like.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Took me over a month to lose any weight when I started. Just keep at it. Use that anger to fuel your determination to MAKE it happen!! Don't give up. If you give up, you know where you'll be 1 year from now. BUT, if you keep at it. . . .you may like what you see a year from now!!
  • kristenn1989
    kristenn1989 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Try not to sweat it. TOM can mean as much as 5lbs of water weight in my case. Just think of how awesome it is when that's gone.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    it's hard to help you when your diary is closed and you have no info on your profile!
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    It is hard to give an opinion without being able to see your food diary. Maybe you could open it, and people could give you some tips based on that and what exercise you are doing. Hang in there.
  • Siekobilly
    Siekobilly Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    could be water retention, or if you are working out hard, you could be gaining muscle, focus on inches not pounds and stick with it :D
    ^^ This. Muscle weighs more than fat, and can build faster than you'll burn the fat off (depending on how you exercise). I noticed this when I was working out in college for Rugby. At first I gained quite a bit of weight, but as the fat came off my weight started to drop. I'd recommend focusing on inches as well.
  • kuger4119
    kuger4119 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm not a woman so I can't help you on that front, but if you have gone a couple days without exercise, work out really hard (particularly lifting weights) and weigh yourself the next day.....you WILL weigh more. It's water retention and it happens. I weighed 152 lbs on Tuesday, lifted on Wednesday, weighed 154 lbs on Thursday, ran Thursday, rode my bike on Friday and I weigh 151 lbs this morning.
  • mstclair03
    mstclair03 Posts: 151
    Options

^^ This

How are your measurements, body fat % readings (not done by a scale), and your clothes fitting? I find those to be much more reliable that numbers on a scale
  • seajazz77
    Options
    Hang in there! Take a look at your goal weight and daily calorie target. Try to stay under your daily calorie target (not counting any calories added by the system as "credits" for exercise. I had the same problem when I started until I realized I was basically raising allowing myself to raise my calorie target because the system was giving me credits for exercise. What you need in order to lose pounds is to generate that calorie deficit. I know it's hard, and sometimes seems unfair - but it's really the relationship of calories in to calories out - with one big exception: alcohol. At least in my case (and I've heard this from a lot of other long time dieters), alcoholic beverages can stop your weight loss. You don't have to give it up altogether; just keep it to no more than one or two a week with dinner. Evidently the reason is that your body "prioritizes" the metabolizing of alcohol over processing food; so you can meet your calorie target fine, but if more than ten percent of your calories are from alcohol, you're not going to lose anything. It's taken me thirty-five years to figure this out. If this doesn't work, go see your doctor - you might have a thyroid or other metabolic issue. Keep the faith. You can do this. Soar with the eagles. Don't let the turkeys get you down. I'm so proud of you and you should be very proud of yourself just for trying to make this major life change. Just remember, you're saving your own life - that makes you a hero!
  • cathy1678
    Options
    thanx for the support everyone..i know its cause im bloated ..and honestly i dont drink my 8 glasses or water a day which i will start doing..i know im being hard on myself and i get myself upset cause i try so hard and then TOM messes it up and i get emotional..guess i just needed to vent and see that im not the only one that goes through it,i have my husband who supports me too,even tho i get pissed that he losses and i dont hes great and tells me i look good all the time but i just dont see it..thanx again for the support.