Fast and easy breakfast that doesn't include eggs

Options
KristiBell1
KristiBell1 Posts: 61 Member
I am looking for more breakfast items that are quick to make or that I eat while driving to work. I usually eat a Luna bar, oatmeal, or cheerios but I am starting to get bored with them. I would love to hear what you guys make that isn't egg based.

Replies

• susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I'll often do a turkey wrap. I use a FF tortilla, smoked turkey and some Laughing Cow Cheese. It's easy to roll up and eat while I'm driving. Also, do you like eggs? I often keep egg beaters at work with a mug and make them once I get to work. I also like a simple yogurt parfait using Greek for the protein plus add a bunch of berries. I'm not a traditional person for breakfast though. To me food is food and I can eat breafast for dinner or dinner for breafast. No biggie for me.
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I guess I should read the topic more clearly. You said doesn't include eggs. Duh??!!!! Sorry.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    quaker plain rice cakes with weight watchers cheese wedge, pudding with bananas, and salmon bagel are my favorites
  • ctumbarello
    ctumbarello Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    How about a combo of greek yogurt, berries, and grapenuts for crunch. It gives you smooth, crunchy, sweet, protein, and carbs. A pretty good combo and a good start for the day that leaves me full until lunch
  • KristiBell1
    KristiBell1 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestions! I am really going to have to try greek yogurt, it always come highly recommended.

Susan, I really wish I liked eggs because it seems like a super simple breakfast that you can do so much with. I just can't stand them. :)
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    fruit or peanut butter toast
  • da1128
    da1128 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    A caramel flavored rice cake, (I use Spartan brand) 1/2 teaspoon of peanut butter spread on top, and 1/4 of a mashed banana spread on top of the peanut butter. Delicious!
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Earlier this week, I had a grilled chicken sandwich for breakfast lol. It was really filling and fast since my mum grilled my chicken so I didn't have to worry about that, but you could easily grill it the night before?
  • NCISFanatic01
    NCISFanatic01 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I love eating Eggo chocolate chip waffles plain, just toast and eat..yummo.

If that's not something you want Then ummm...hmmmm....

Take same said waffle or a plain whole wheat one and spread it with
    peanut butter or nutella (or Jiff's versions). I know my kids love that stuff.

Slimfast and a banana? *shrugs*
    those are just a few that I would do.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    steak and grilled veg
  • rkgirlusa
    Options
    Yogurt, a banana or piece of in season fruit & a small handful of almonds.
  • kristenn1989
    kristenn1989 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I know you said not egg based, but the egg is hiding. Oatmeal pancake: 1/2 cup oats, 1 egg, vanilla to taste. Cook in a pan 2-3 minutes, flip. same thing.

You can add berries or chocolate chips. Or make a wrap out of it. So filling!
  • lluulluu
    lluulluu Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have either eat eggo waffles (no syrup) or homemade low cal muffin or toast with peanut butter or sometimes i make a smoothie- I eat this on my way to work .
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    a bagel thin with laughing cow cream cheese, and a peach or a plum.
    a light english muffin with a little natural PB
    cottage cheese
  • sark1971
    sark1971 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Make a smoothie with milk, a banana, and some frozen berries.

dry cereal and fruit
  • lciupa
    lciupa Posts: 48
    Options
    I'm a HUGE fan of special K meal replacement bars. Lots of protein and they satisfy my chocolate cravings. They have lots of different flavors too! That or some oatmeal.
  • Asil02
    Asil02 Posts: 261
    Options
    Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. Smoothies and protein shakes are my go to items when I am on the go. Here are a couple of recipes I've used and enjoy.

1 scoop chocolate protein powder
    8 oz Unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk
    1 Tblsp PB2 (powdered peanut butter)
    1 packet stevia (or sweetener of your choice)
    Ice as needed/desired
    OMG!!! This is delicious! Tastes like a butterfinger!

1 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
    1/2 very ripe banana (I freeze my banana halves and cut them into 4 pieces when I make a shake)
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder
    optional 1 Tblsp PB2
    1 packet stevia

smoothie:
    4 oz orange juice
    4 oz almond milk
    1 packet stevia
    any combination of berries, banana, or other fruit that equals about 1 cup

To the shakes and smoothies you can add greek yogurt. So good for your digestive tract.

My breakfast sandwich is pretty portable too. You can leave off the egg and put canadian bacon, cheese, some veggies/spinach on a bagel, toasted wheat bread, or english muffin.
  • Asil02
    Options
    Forgot to add the refrigerator oats recipe I got from Skinny Tastes. Sooooo delicious! You can eat it right out of the container you make them in.

Skinny Overnight Oats in a Jar
    (the values are as posted on SkinnyTaste.com)
    Servings: 1 • Serving Size: 1 jar • Old Points: 5 pts • Points+: 6 pts
    Calories: 244.9 • Fat: 10.8 g • Carbs: 35.4 g • Fiber: 8.5 g • Protein: 6 g • Sugar: 12 g
    Sodium: 94.7 mg

Ingredients:
    1/4 cup quick oats
    1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or you can use skim or soy)
    1/4 medium banana, sliced (freeze the rest for smoothies!)
    1/2 tbsp chia seeds (I didn't have these so I didn't use them. And yes, it's the same as the chia pets seeds! LOL)
    1/2 cup blueberries
    4-5 drops NuNaturals liquid vanilla stevia (or your favorite sweetener, I used 1/2 pack of stevia)
    pinch cinnamon

optional toppings: 1 tbsp chopped pecans (or any nut)

Directions:
    Place all the ingredient in a jar, shake, cover and refrigerate overnight. Add your favorite crunchy toppings such as nuts, granola, etc and enjoy the next day!
  • bbbccp
    bbbccp Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Bump- Holy Cow Asil02- that sounds delicious!
  • Asil02
    Options
    bbbccp - it IS delicious!! Enjoy!