30 Days - NO ALCOHOL - Pics

Options
2»

Replies

• bugs5697
    bugs5697 Posts: 85
    Options
    I love this post, because I, like you, am a vodka drinker, and was always curious if it would matter to my waistline to stop drinking it. I would never do it though, because nobody wants to be around mama if she can't get her drink on. If you know what I mean.
    But I agree 100% about the 'man' theory. I swear, they even THINK about losing weight and 10 lbs...GONE.
    jerks
    Anywho! Happy Friday!!!!
    Thanks for sharing!!!
  • TiffanyAching
    TiffanyAching Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    ha, i'm having a dry month and hoping it gets some results. i had a dry April and lost precisely 0lbs. but i've bee drinking a few times a week of late so hoping it helps! 3lbs in week one, onwards!
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    That's great you tried taking alcohol out of the picture. I think it's good overall to cut back. Make it a treat.

Since I've cut it out I have more calories to use & I sleep a lot better. Plus cheaper! haha

I think you both are doing something really neat. A goal that was accomplished!
  • awillkies
    awillkies Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    i'm also thinking of starting to think of weightlifting - i see amazing results esp. from women who have very similar body shapes to ours (& moms which is totally inspiring to me). feel free to add me as a friend if you like. i'll be interested to see how you get on!! GL!
  • awillkies
    awillkies Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    But I agree 100% about the 'man' theory. I swear, they even THINK about losing weight and 10 lbs...GONE.

my husband ate a box of cremed cookies, a bag of twizzlers, had ramen noodle soup & a bag of guacomole chips for two days straight.... he's lost weight. *sigh*. i cannot have wine in the house, bc i will drink it.
  • sarahelen1
    Options
    I love Wine!!! This week I have cut it out, I have lost every day, I dont know I could go a month as when I go out to eat I usually have a glass or 5 but I am intrigued by the challenge!!!! Now if I could just get moving in the exercise dept....
  • slboling
    slboling Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    It is definately easier for us guys. I didn't put on weight until I gave up drinking completely. I just didn't realize that I gave up one addiction for another. I would bet that you will start to see a change if you continued to refrain from alcohol or at least lower the amount. Keep working hard!!!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    As a heavy drinker, I lose about 2 lbs a day right now. It's crazy and it's scaring me a little. I'm starting to become concerned. Lol. Anyway, I think you have to drink a lot for it to have an effect. Only drinking sometimes isn't really affect you much.
  • yroma
    yroma Posts: 80
    Options
    Quitting alcohol made a difference for me. Sometimes I drank every day, usually one to two beers or wine and those empty calories added up. What also made a difference for me was cutting the sugar from my coffee. I used to have one teaspoon and drink 1 to 3 cups per day. It was hard as I've been drinking coffee like that for almost 30 years!! But, you do lose a taste for it after awhile. It's been about 3 months since I cut out the sugar. Just goes to show you that healthy habits can be formed--even if you've been doing something for decades!
  • fishax
    fishax Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Last 10kg to go and I will not do it drinking what I am having right now so going to only have alcohol on a Friday till I get to 75kg. Support required!! Last night was the first night without and had a cup of tea after dinner and diet soft drink before. Fingers crossed because I sooooo want this to work!!!
  • Beatrix0810
    Options
    Did you guys do anything in conjunction with no alcohol? Were you restricting calories, or eating maintenance calories? Did your workout change at all?

Sorry, I'm just looking for the controls in this experiment! lol

Oh yeah. We've been doing the calorie-counting thing and eating clean and training for a marathon. I work out twice a day sometimes! We've been working on losing weight since April. This was an experiment to sort of see what we were doing that would be holding us back. This wasn't it for me, so I still have a LONG road ahead of me. I really don't know why I haven't reached my fitness goals yet. Honestly, it's becoming VERY discouraging...
  • Beatrix0810
    Options
    Quitting alcohol made a difference for me. Sometimes I drank every day, usually one to two beers or wine and those empty calories added up. What also made a difference for me was cutting the sugar from my coffee. I used to have one teaspoon and drink 1 to 3 cups per day. It was hard as I've been drinking coffee like that for almost 30 years!! But, you do lose a taste for it after awhile. It's been about 3 months since I cut out the sugar. Just goes to show you that healthy habits can be formed--even if you've been doing something for decades!

This is a good idea! I had a latte this weekend with no sugar or flavoring what-so-ever this weekend and it was REALLY good! I think I could definitely make this a new change and see what happens. Def trying this, starting today :-)
  • newmrsdec10
    newmrsdec10 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Guys can definitely consider losing weight and seem to drop 10 lbs :grumble: On one of my healthy-I'm-going-to-cook-more bouts at the beginning of the year, I lost 11 lbs...my husband lost 28. Get.out.of.my.house. haha

I also think you look tighter especially in your back picture. Great job on giving up the alcohol. I just had my first this weekend after my 2 months of Insanity. I am a margarita girl, so I know a break from those (and the happy hour snacks) helped me! It definitely can make a difference for those that drink regularly.
  • Beatrix0810
    Options
    ^ Haha! Guys are SO LUCKY! Well, congratulations on your progress! 12 lbs is a huge success!

Thank you for saying I look tighter. I think there WAS improvement, it was just a LOT smaller than what my bf saw. It's super discouraging but I'm not giving up! Something has to give eventually...right? haha

Also, a good tip (since you LOVE margaritas) is to ask for a skinny margarita. It's just tequilla, fresh lime juice, and agave. It has fewer calories than the ones they make with those mixers (blech). Here's a web site with a few recipes.

How did you like insanity? Maybe I need to add that to my routine!
  • Beatrix0810
    Options
    ^ Haha! Guys are SO LUCKY! Well, congratulations on your progress! 12 lbs is a huge success!

Thank you for saying I look tighter. I think there WAS improvement, it was just a LOT smaller than what my bf saw. It's super discouraging but I'm not giving up! Something has to give eventually...right? haha

Also, a good tip (since you LOVE margaritas) is to ask for a skinny margarita. It's just tequilla, fresh lime juice, and agave. It has fewer calories than the ones they make with those mixers (blech). Here's a web site with a few recipes.

How did you like insanity? Maybe I need to add that to my routine!

Woops! Left out the web site!

http://www.sheknows.com/food-and-recipes/articles/824011/skinny-margarita-recipes
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!