What is a typical weight fluctuation range?

Options
I can fluctuate up to 6lbs at any given time. Is this typical? Please share you experiences.

Replies

• LisaLouisiana
    LisaLouisiana Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    For me it is....four or five is common and if I eat a lot of salt one day, even more. I weigh every day and I log my lows....then I spend the next week trying to get back to them. I've come to accept that this is how it is for me.

Now I'm very healthy and quite fit under the fat I have left. I also eat very healthily. Fluid retention is often the sign of health problems, some very serious, even life threatening. Check it out with your doctor, just to be sure. You look close to your goal weight, so not carrying a lot of extra weight.....that alone would make me get it checked out.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Typically about 3-5 pounds throughout the course of the day.
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I'm usually 2-3 pounds heavier at the end of the day, and that weight will stick around in the morning if I ate too much sodium.
  • Gwoman2012
    Gwoman2012 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Only about 2 lbs, tops. I am always surprised at how much some people fluctuate!
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Quite a bit, often 5-10 pounds over the course of the day. I figure it's hereditary since my mom has always experienced the same thing (which was actually good for me since I learned early on about water weight and how these daily fluctuations are really meaningless).
  • LTStoerm
    LTStoerm Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    For me it is....four or five is common
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm usually 2-3 pounds heavier at the end of the day, and that weight will stick around in the morning if I ate too much sodium.

Same here.
  • sirmio
    sirmio Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    2-3 is normal for me, the heavier being at the end of the day where I'm lightest in the morning.
  • gracieabem
    gracieabem Posts: 211
    Options
    Thanks guys. A very wide range of fluctuations and I'm on the higher end of the scale. I'm thinking about tracking my weight fluctuations and seeing if I can become familiar with them.
  • Inebriated
    Inebriated Posts: 271
    Options
    My weight generally fluctuates within a 3lb range throughout the day. Last year, my weight had fluctuated upwards throughout the day by 6-8lbs though. :noway:
  • WaxMama
    WaxMama Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I've seen as much as 4 lbs, but it's typically closer to 2 during the course of a day.
  • Yummamamma
    Yummamamma Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    So glad you posted this as I was wondering the same! My daily fluctuations seem a little insane. I can vary from 2-6 lbs in a day. I have been eating low sodium (or so I think)... very discouraging. Often times I am still a few lbs heavy the next morning as well and then will notice a big dip a few days later. I have been weighing every morning but maybe I should just stick to once a week!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    3-5 lbs daily for me. Which, not coincidentally I think, how much less I weigh after an hour of cardio. Lots of sweat!
  • ericasb83
    ericasb83 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i have a digital scale and sometimes it'll show 3 different weights within five minutes - ranging sometimes as much as 3 pounds. i try sliding it around the floor and recording the average.