Food when tired

I can never get a lie in no matter what time I go to bed. Normally I'm tired in the morning, it takes a while for me to get going, but after an hour or two I'm back to my normal fairly energetic self. Today once again I woke up early but this time I can't shake the tiredness off. 7 hours later I still feel like I just got out of bed. Besides going back to bed at some point - which I will probably do, are there any particular foods that helps to shake off tiredness? I'm not talking caffeine either as that's just a temporary kick which you pay for later!

Replies

• gombolyu
    gombolyu Posts: 136 Member
    Normally caffein doesn't wake me up, which is very sad for me sometimes. For me usually 3 foods work: orange juice (the fresh, and the more sour the better), strong black tea and chocolate.
    I would use some very eneregetic music for non food help. I would even dance and jump a little.:)
    Yesterday I went to a concert. I was really tired, I just could fell asleep anytime. I drunk an extra stong cappucino (not helped). But when the concert started, I just had to dance and jump, and I was fully awake.:)
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Apples!!
  • flajocar
    flajocar Posts: 37
    Okra is a supreme vegetable for those feeling weak, exhausted, and/or suffering from depression.

I Love me some Okra!
  • bazfitness
    bazfitness Posts: 275 Member
    Thanks for the suggestions all. I'll try all those foodstuffs next time I get up of the wrong side of the bed!
    @gombolyu Doing something physical like dancing or exercising is often a good way alright. I probably should have forced myself to just do something earlier just to get myself out of first gear. :smile: Eventually I did manage a very quick workout before I went out to a festival - helped a bit!
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Cucumbers

Or just take a cold shower. That always wakes me up really well (not freezing obviously, still bearable).