Little black dress-newbie!

Options
I decided to start on this journey 2 years ago. I STARTED this journey 2 days ago. I am sick of wasting time and looking back thinking what have I done in the last 6 months, 2 years, 5 years...?!?!?! I have a long way to go but I'm ready to get there! I am going to need a support team though! *hint* friend request *hint*. I love to motivate others more than I love to be motivated myself and I am looking forward to changing my life and others' lives as well!

Ok, so that being said...I decided yesterday that nothing motivates someone more than something visual, something physical that you can see and touch. I jumped in my car and went and bought my first ever LITTLE BLACK DRESS!!! I am still excited haha. (I also bought some nice black heels to go with it :D) I have never been able to wear anything "little" so I figured why not? I have this hanging in my closet and I plan on taking pictures of me now "trying" to fit into it so that when I am able to wear it, I can see the HUGE difference. This may be corny but so be it. I will see this outfit everyday to remind myself how bad I want to have that body, and more so, how bad I want to be in shape, other than round. :-) xoxoxo

Replies

• WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Great motivational plan.
  • Bdeliab1980
    Bdeliab1980 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love your little black dress idea. I am currently a size 22 and was going o buy my wedding dress in a size 16! Our wedding is in April! I figured that if I hung it in my closet, I would have to look at it everyday and be reminded as to why I want to succeed. However, I decided against it. That would have been a lot of money,
  • shannond1980
    shannond1980 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    That actually sounds like an awesome plan. :) Good luck to you! I may take your idea and find a goal outfit.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    great idea girl!! add me if u like
  • raziyad
    raziyad Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Great plan! You will get there! I would love to be your pal if you like.
  • LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    It's a fabulous idea! I just bought my very own Little Black Dress about a month ago and am looking forward to wearing it to a special occasion in a few weeks!

Definitely take pictures, because when the scale lies, the dress will tell the truth!
  • linsmarie11
    Options
    Love the idea!! Go luck!!
  • rascallycat
    rascallycat Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing but with a bikini!!! Feel free to add me.
  • Tashie_bailiff
    Options
    Wow. All of these positive comments can really make a girl teary eyed! Thank you all so much for the encouraging words. I feel like for once in my life, I've found a place I can be myself and accomplish anything! I can't wait to rock this LBD and this healthy lifestyle! xoxoxo
  • vravelline
    Options
    Great idea.....you can do it girl!
  • scrapper3131
    Options
    Good for you! If the little black dress does it for you than go for it. My thing is I've been between 20 and 22 for years now. I am 53 and my kids are still in middle school and high school. My health has been pretty crappy the last couple of years so now I feel like I need to get serious and really do something this time. My friend Kim invited me to do this and I was skeptical at first but 3 weeks into it, I've lost 6 # and I'm being held accountable. I'm watching what I put in my mouth and sometimes I forget to check before I eat and then I'm blown away by how much it was. I am also more active so I can add calories for the day and because of that I'm feeling more energy which is huge for me.
    I hope you do well and feel free to be my friend. I'll encourage you. :smile:
  • ctown7189
    Options
    This is a great idea. I'm going to try it. :) add me if you would like. Good luck!
  • symegeer
    symegeer Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    That sounds great! I did something similar but added old favourite dresses that I can't wear any more. I've put the approximate weight I think I will need to be to fit into each dress on a bit of masking tape on the hanger of each dress with the final dress as a brand new little black dress. That way I get something fabulous to wear when I reach various mini-goals. When I reach goal weight I'm going to treat myself to getting my favourite outfits taken in!

Best of luck with your weight loss, feel free to add me!

:smile:
  • sweetpea1ss
    Options
    Great idea iam doin the same thing with a size 13 jeans in juniors iamcurently in 16, i have been heavy my whole life, so i joined ww a yr ago, an i have lost100,but gained 20 back ): so as of this mornen iamdo this programbecause you all seem fab so add meguys if you would like i can use all the help an advice i can get
  • MaggieAudiologist
    Options
    I love the idea of having a visual to go for. That little black dress of yours will be so motivating!

I've been using my favorite belt as my success story. It's so fun to see the old, used-up notches on my belt, to track my progress. I can't wait to NEED to buy a new one. :happy:

Good luck to you!
  • Tashie_bailiff
    Options
    I love all the other visual ideas! I guess me buying that dress wasn't corny after all!