Going to the Cinema....UK

Options
Help! Off to the cinema tonight to see Batman.......I know i will need/want something to much but what? They are very strict about no food from home!

Replies

• Slim7Dee
    Slim7Dee Posts: 17
    Options
    Take a low cal bar (they wont see it) and drink either low cal drink or bottled water (sparkling is good). One scoop of ice cream should be ok, or an ice lolly. Just make sure you calorie count it all. Try to eat sensibly during the day, to allow for these extra calories. Also, take fruit which wont be too obvious. I.e. banana/a few grapes.

I'm also in the UK (Glasgow) and don't have any problem taking food and drinks into the cinema. Where abouts are you? I just make sure I tidy up my garbage. I usually bring in my own drink and have been known to take a sandwich, if I have gone to the cinema at a meal time!
  • kakklespakkle
    kakklespakkle Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    LOL yeah just sneak something in. I snuck water in when I last went (to see Batman btw - AWESOME) although I couldn't resist some salted popcorn mmmmmm.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Help! Off to the cinema tonight to see Batman.......I know i will need/want something to much but what? They are very strict about no food from home!
    unless they have 2 Para searching you I would put a packet of nuts in my pocket.
  • MrsPixelbark
    MrsPixelbark Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Pop your drink/food in your handbag, and don't open anything until the lights have gone off.

Voila, you've got your own food in the cinema, you've saved yourself ten pounds from the overpriced bits and you're not stacking on calories.

I'd suggest a piece of fruit, a small packet of nuts, or you could even pop your own popcorn at home if you're desperate for popcorn. Enjoy your movie!
  • Mirandac2012
    Options
    I have had a later dinner and im just going to take a snack bar with me, Dont own a handbag ( yes i am female just not a fan) so its jean pocket lol I will let you know if i break! x
  • DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    If its a treat have something yo really like or could share. I love popcorn or you could take some mix of nuts, choc raisins etc.mor caramel snack a jacks? Or take on choc bar...and really enjoy it! Or...one small tub of ice cream!