90 days on P90X and lost 36.4lbs!!!!!!

Options
jmoralesx5
jmoralesx5 Posts: 128 Member
My senior year of HS in ’91 I wrestled at 160 and I was fit. I met my now wife of 19 years there and I was doing well. I was invincible if you will.

So last year I was at 270. I was using a CPAP machine, I have liver enzyme issues, hbp, but although diabetes is all over my family I had managed to avoid it to that point. I started to do some working out, but I was very resistant to dieting. I whined a lot and pigged out a lot. I figured since I was working out I needed more calories…right? It’s just it didn’t really mean an extra piece of pizza hut pizza.

This year I finally got my act together, but I was only down to 250 and frustrated that I was never going to be fit again! It was then that I decided to do P90X along with my friend Jason who has been helping me get fit for some time now. Additionally, I started The 17 Day Diet. So I was working out, eating right and had my accountability system in place. Here are some of my awesome changes:

Weight Lost 36.4 lbs (now at 213.2)
Waist Lost 5”
Hips Lost 4”
Chest Lost 4.5”
Arms Lost 2”
Thighs Lost 3”
BMI down 4.9%

Then 249.6 / Now
244eu.jpg

Then 249.6 / Now
2v1w9k3.jpg

To those who think they can’t do this. The first time I worked out with my friend Jason he asked me to run no more than maybe 50 meters and I was vomiting when as I hit that distance. I was ready to pass out. Now, I’m able to run an 8K (5.3 miles) and I’m considering a half marathon next year. You just have to want it bad enough and I want it bad enough now.

I may not be underwear-model-built, but I’m not done yet. See this is a LIFE-STYLE change. I’m around 30 pounds away from my goal weight. I’m sticking to the diet, I'm going to start using Herbalife for supplements, and I’m doing a hybrid of P90X with running and swimming for my next phase.

I do want to thank my friend Jason, my wife, my kids, and my mfp friends who have done nothing short of continue to challenge me and encourage me along the way. I could not have done it without you.

Replies

• DoOrDoNotThereIsNoTry1
    Options
    Absolutely inspirational! Congratulation and continued health and success!
  • shinyshell55
    shinyshell55 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Fantastic journey with awesome results! I am half way my second round of P90X and I love it! P90X combined with MFP is a sure formula for success. You rock dude - keep it going!
  • italianangel143
    Options
    Amazing transformation. You are an inspiration :)
  • jmoralesx5
    jmoralesx5 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • ReneeCK
    ReneeCK Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!