SO PISSED

Options

Replies

• Catjag
    Catjag Posts: 107
    Options
    Folks, muscle does not "weight more" than fat. 1lb=1lb. Muscle takes up less room in the body than fat.

OP-Don't stress about the 2 pounds. Keep your chin up, working hard, eating clean and things will fall into place eventually. Between TOM, water retention and other possible factors fluctuation will happen. Just keep pushing on. Good luck to you.
  • Maddi_InBetweenDays
    Options
    Same thing happened for me this week! I have no idea what I did. I'm just hoping that it means next week will be a much bigger loss.
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Add the sodium tracker to your food diary and stay under 2500 mg/day. You will be shocked.
  • kattbyrd67
    kattbyrd67 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what you're doing and keep an eye on your sodium. Take your measurements. If after a month or so you don't see a difference in either the scale or in your measurements, go have your thyroid checked.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I know it's TMI but I hadn't been "going" as often as I should have,

If you're working hard, it'll show soon.

That sounds SOOO bad rofl sorry! :laugh:
  • caegem
    caegem Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    LOL I have so been there girl! Your diary looks really good!! Please do not get frustrated and give up!!!! :noway: Stay focused and be consistant and it will happen! Remember the key to getting what you want is never taking your eye off the target! By the way.........MEN suck!!! LOL mine can drop weight FAST, me on the other hand.........PAINFULLY SLOW, but im not quiting!
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I'll just second what a couple of others have said about watching sodium and accurately tracking your intake and exercise. I took a peak at your diary and a mistake I made for awhile was not measuring my portions properly. Food scales are very cheap and really help you get better at just eyeballing portion size when you can't use it e.g. at work or in a restaurant. Don't give up.
  • Samblantha
    Samblantha Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh. I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND! I have to fight for every freaking ounce I lose! Meanwhile,a couple of other people I know just seem to have the pounds melt off. Its so frustrating! I have been dieting and exercising 5x wk since march and much of that time was at a stand still with the scale. I have to ask.... Are you tracking your exercise calories accurately and eating them? I thought earring those extra calories was the dumbest idea ever, but once I started eating within 100 calories of my new daily total, I started losing. The other big help fort me (and I still have to do this one) is checking all my portions with measuring cups etc
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Remember that muscle weighs more than fat. so if you working out 3-4 times a day. you are changing the fat into muscle. it may take a bit to see loss. Do not give up.

Muscle does not weigh more than fat, and she is probably not developing muscle because she is in a calorie deficit...the muscle she does have may be retaining water and that could explain why she hasnt dropped weight.

You are also NOT changing fat into muscle.

i do think if you watch your sodium over the next few days you will be happy with the results. And make sure you eat enough!
  • Kimluvmy4
    Kimluvmy4 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Have you checked your measurements? My weight loss has been slower than I like, but I have been losing inches pretty consistently!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    There can be many factors as to why you aren't losing.

While counting calories is important and is a huge factor into losing weight, so is your sodium. Sodium can cause us to bloat, be mindful of that and be careful with your sodium.

TOM - Not everyone bloats on TOM but a lot of women do. Some times I can lose weight just fine on TOM, it just depends on what I allow myself to cave into.

Calorie counting - Be sure you are eating what is right for you. I'm a firm believer that we are all created differently, what works for someone may not work for you. I'm sure many won't agree with me and that is fine, but as you can see for me, it's worked. I do not eat back my calories after working out. It's what works for me. I say if what you are doing doesn't seem to be working, maybe find another way to do it that will work but still keep you healthy. Maybe you aren't eating enough calories? Maybe you are eating to many calories? Maybe you eat back your workout calories but you aren't calculating how many you burned correctly and eating to much? Maybe you are like me and your body doesn't respond to eating back your calories?

There can be many factors to the reason of this. Best of luck.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    So - a few points.

Expecting constant forward progress is a fool's errand. Check out the first graph in my blog post here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/VorJoshigan/view/fun-with-graphs-10-august-2012-405460 up & down.

Did you eat 8 sticks of butter worth of extra calories? Did you double up on calories on 4 days? If the answer is no, then it ain't fat. If it ain't fat, who cares?

Maybe your mind needs extra time to adjust to the losing process. There's a HUGE psychological component to weight loss.

You can not outrun your fork. If you are forced to make a choice between spending 1 hour working out or 1 hour making a healthy meal, the meal should win out every time.

It ain't easy, but you can do it.
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    yea i think i am bloated also since its almost time for the monthly...but im just pissed 2lb is alot, meanwhile my husband lost 3 and pisses me off even more..and i cook and he eats what i make and he dont even count calories..lol UGH MEN SUCK...lol..but im headed to the gym and will keep doing it.
    This month I gained 4 pounds before TOM... Took about a week, but I lost it all. It is very FRUSTRATING to see your weight fluctuate so. Also, during TOM I struggle with eating way too many carbs, and so I bloat more. Just keep doing what you are doing. In a couple days you will weigh less than you did before you gained 2 pounds.
  • mom2handh1975
    mom2handh1975 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    yea i think i am bloated also since its almost time for the monthly...but im just pissed 2lb is alot, meanwhile my husband lost 3 and pisses me off even more..and i cook and he eats what i make and he dont even count calories..lol UGH MEN SUCK...lol..but im headed to the gym and will keep doing it.

NEVER compare you weight loss to your husband's! My hubby would take a walk around the block and lose 5 pounds. Sometimes that makes me want to hurt him. Badly. Keep counting your calories and working out and good things will happen. Don't forget, the scale isn't the only measure of weight loss. Are your clothes fitting differently? What kinds of exercise are you doing at the gym? If you're doing a lot of strength training, you could be adding muscle mass (which doesn't show as a weight loss on the scale). Remember to eat enough calories, too. A super low-cal diet could slow down your weight loss.
    Keep at it:-)
  • Stagemom77
    Options
    That 2 lbs. could be muscle you gained - it weighs more than fat :)
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Muscle does not weigh more than fat, and she is probably not developing muscle because she is in a calorie deficit...the muscle she does have may be retaining water and that could explain why she hasnt dropped weight.

You are also NOT changing fat into muscle.

i do think if you watch your sodium over the next few days you will be happy with the results. And make sure you eat enough!

Well... yes and no. A cubic inch of muscle absolutely weights more than a cubic inch of fat. This is why some people will stay the same weight but change shape.

Also, it IS possible to gain muscle in a calorie deficit, but you have to eat LOTS of protein as a percentage of intake, and it certainly isn't going to be a whole lot of muscle.
  • mom2handh1975
    mom2handh1975 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    You can not outrun your fork. If you are forced to make a choice between spending 1 hour working out or 1 hour making a healthy meal, the meal should win out every time.

Brilliant!

Sorry, Vor Joshigan! I didn't do the quote properly.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    As people pointed out, DEFINITELY monitor your sodium and sugar. I have to disagree with the people who have said, "Your diary looks great!" If you're "SO PISSED" at your struggles, CUT OUT THE FAKE CRAP. Ditch the processed food and watch your carbs! I can't even imagine eating over 200 carbs a day and expecting to cut a lot of weight, that's how conditioned I've become to it.

Your calories shouldn't be the only thing you're looking at.

Edit: Also, after looking at your exercise diary (and I may get **** for this, since it's controversial), I think you're overestimating the calories you're burning. Unless cleaning is part of your dayjob (which I doubt, since you have "light cleaning" as part of it), aim for an actual workout. Either time spent doing actual weight training (even if it's with your own weight) or 20-30 minutes real cardio (dancing's fine; cleaning, eh...). Actually work out, instead of doing normal tasks and expecting to earn that extra Special K (processed) bar. Your body's not transforming if it's just doing what it always does, especially by over-inflated MFP numbers.
  • Absref71
    Absref71 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Really nice diary, pretty good stuff, well balanced. keep doing what your doing and you should be fine. It could easily be water weight or just your muscle to fat ratio changing.

That being said, mfp does tend to give a macro-nutrient ratio (carb:protein:fat) very low in protein and high in fats and carbs. You are currently consuming 54% of your calories from carbs which is generally fine for most people but you, like many people, could be more carb sensitive.

Just a suggestion but I would recommend moving your carbs down 5% at least and your protein up 5% (not your fat up) and see how that goes.

Think about adding some HIIT (high intensity interval training) into your routine, it will burn calories quickly and raise you resting metabolic rate for up to 48 hours afterwards
  • cathy1678
    Options
    I took a look at your diary and from my POV you need to be tracking sodium. For one thing all that weight watchers stuff has crazy amounts of sodium. Also, you are not eating enough "real food" ie: fruits veggies etc. Your protein seems to be great. I would also not suggest eating 1200 calories. I assume you have your weight set to 2lb a week loss, and you don't have a lot of weight to lose, possible try 0.5-1lb a week. Also unless you're using an HRM remember that MFP calorie burns are high. Good luck on your journey