Fast and easy breakfast that doesn't include eggs

Options
2»

Replies

• jms3533
    jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Check out my recipe for Oatmeal with Cherry Pie Filling. Just do a search for "oatmeal cherry pie", and it will pop up. Quick, filling, and tasty.
  • jcbird01
    Options
    I often have greek yogurt. Pineapple, mango, peach and vanilla are my favorites. Sometimes I make my own combination and make a smoothie by freezing fruit then throwing it in a blender and adding a scoop of Visalus protein powder that has a low Glycemic Index and vitamins. It works and it is superfast. I lost five pouds last month. This breakfast has kept me away from the junk food at work.
  • escape28
    Options
    Frozen waffles are easy and I use sugar free syrup and don't need anywhere need a full serving.
  • AlexPaige
    AlexPaige Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I like the Fiber One bars, those are pretty good (plus they're only 90 calories and have a really good taste).
  • str1ne
    str1ne Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I like to make smoothies from my favorite fruits, but dont like a liquid breakfast so I freeze them and eat them with a spoon. You could also try making them poured into freezer pop molds. Make a week's worth on Sunday then freeze them and they are ready to go each day as you head out the door.
  • michellelynne474
    michellelynne474 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    bump :-)
  • Slim7Dee
    Slim7Dee Posts: 17
    Options
    What about a delicious fruit smoothie, with either yoghurt or fromage frais? I copied other ideas, with recipe, for you :-

Fluffy Eggless Pancakes

Ingredients

1½ cups flour
    2 tbsp vegetable oil
    1½ cups milk/soy milk/water
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 tbsp sugar

Directions

No breakfast recipe ideas are complete without pancakes. Here is how these are made: combine the flour, baking powder and sugar in a mixing bowl and sift. To the sifted powders, add the milk/soy milk/water. Stir till you have a smooth batter, but if it is to thick, add a little water to it. Add the cooking oil to a large non-stick griddle, keep over medium heat, and spoon a ladle full of batter into the pan. Once the pancake top has small bubbles and the edges seem cooked, flip it over. Remove when it turns golden brown and is cooked. If the pan is big enough, you can cook more than one pancake, simultaneously.

Easy No-Eggs Benedict

Ingredients

4 frozen Breakfast Patties (soy ones, if you are vegetarian)
    1 large tomato, cut into 8 slices
    ¼ cup reduced fat mayonnaise
    2 English muffins
    ¼ cup non-fat yogurt
    1 tsp yellow mustard
    1 tsp Dijon mustard
    salt to taste
    chopped fresh parsley or paprika (optional) for garnish

Directions

To cook the patties, follow the directions given on the package. Combine yogurt, mayonnaise and both the mustards, in a small saucepan and cook for 3 - 5 minutes over low heat. Keep stirring until it is warm. Slice the muffins in half and toast them. Top both the lower muffin halves, with 2 tomato slices, 1 breakfast patty, a pinch of salt and a dash of "hollandaise" sauce. If you like, then sprinkle some parsley or paprika. Close with the top half of the muffins.

Eggless Breakfast Quesadilla

Ingredients

6 to 8 strips of lean bacon
    8 small red potatoes, cut into ½" cubes
    4 corn (or flour) tortillas
    ½ a cup of red, yellow and green pepper strips
    1 small red onion, chopped
    1½ cups of cheddar cheese, shredded
    8 - 10 white button mushrooms, sliced
    Avocado and cilantro for garnishing
    Salt and pepper to taste
    Pico de Gallo or your favorite salsa on the side

Directions

Use a non-stick skillet to cook the bacon to the extent you like. Once cooked, place the strips of bacon on paper towels, and drain the excess fat from the skillet, leaving only about 1 tablespoon of fat. Put the cubed potatoes into the pan, and fry them for 4 to 5 minutes over medium high heat. In the mean time, slice the fried bacon into small pieces. Once the potatoes are slightly tender on the inside, and start to brown on the outside, add the chopped onion. Cook for another minute, and add the sliced mushrooms and pepper strips. Cook the entire mixture for a minute or two. Empty into a dish and cover.

Heat the tortillas in a separate skillet, lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Separate the shredded cheese into four lots, and add one lot to each tortilla, and allow the cheese to melt. Now spoon in the potato, bacon and veggie mixture into the quesadilla and fold in half. Turn it over and cook for about 1 to 2 more minutes. Transfer to serving plate and garnish with sliced avocado and fresh cilantro sprigs. Serve with dip of your choice.

Hope you find something here, enjoy. Regards. :drinker:
  • Grumpy58
    Options
    If your looking to lose weight you really need to get rid of Bread, and processed foods. And the nutella is all sugar. Try eating all fresh foods, veggies and fruit. I have lost 24lbs since July 23rd by doing that I was 370lbs and this morning I weighed 346lbs.
  • brittkwood
    Options
    I suggest making yourself a type of high protein breakfast "cookie". There are so many recipes for them online and you can alter them to your liking. Not to mention, change it up when you're bored with the flavor. For me, the absolute most satisfying and tasty quick grab 'n go breakfast is a banana with peanut butter or apple with peanut butter. I love love love peanut butter and it's high in protein and goes so well with both of these fruits. It also keeps you under 250 calories. Or for just a little more, add an 8 oz glass of skim milk. Yum.
  • KristiBell1
    KristiBell1 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Wow, thank you for all of the awesome suggestions! I can wait to try them. I was making smoothies every morning but my blender broke after only 2 months. I am hoping the target near my house gets more pink ones in soon so I can return it and get a new one.
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    my fave to go breakfast is a blackberry and banana smoothie...all you need are berries, water and a frozen banana...I use my Ninja to make mine and I strain the seeds....a wonderful taste and easy to have on the way to work! (Take a toothbrush though to keep your pearly whites shiny!)
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Wow, thank you for all of the awesome suggestions! I can wait to try them. I was making smoothies every morning but my blender broke after only 2 months. I am hoping the target near my house gets more pink ones in soon so I can return it and get a new one.

Got a Ninja with ALL the attachments online for $103...I know that seems high, but it is the best $103 I have invested in a long time! Nutristious, delicious and rockin the weight off!!
  • brainfreeze72
    brainfreeze72 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Multigrain english muffin with peanut butter and skim milk.
  • nomoreFA
    nomoreFA Posts: 40
    Options
    I chop up an apple and sprinkle it with cinnamon. I put it in the oven while I continue to get ready for work. Then I quickly cook oatmeal in a glass storage container. When it's done I add the baked apple, a little more cinnamon and a few walnut pieces. It's really hot, so I let it cool while I'm driving to work. Thirty minutes later it's the perfect temp. It tastes like apple cobbler!
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter flavored waffles. You could eat them dry in the car. Or a smoothie or shake.