Anyone have weightloss tips

Options
When I first started the gym May 8th I was 220. To now the lowest I been this year was 206 but now it seems that I teeter from 206 to 208 and its been going on for a whole month. I want to loose several more pounds to reach my goal before the holidays come up. ... I notice what I eat on a daily basis come short of my supposed calorie goal of 1420. Some days I eat about 900+ but if I go to the gym and do 2 hours of workout with the treadmill and bike I burn about 1500+ calories each time I go or at least try too. I admit there were times I couldn't go to the gym so that would explain my trying hard for a month. Though I rarely eat junk and if I do it is a small portion 200-300 cal. So here are my questions.

Are there any good healthy snacks I can munch on that I can purchase in daune reade or wal greens...that is not 5-8 bucks?

Should I continue burning my 1500+ cal per 3x at the gym when the app tells me I am under my calorie range for eating only 900-1100 + calories.

I look at it as a bank so if after a workout if I look and see I have 1800 calories to consume I may go make some chicken and indulge or do grab a few slices of pizza. Should I really do that or after a workout don't eat anything?

Replies

• FireBrand80
    FireBrand80 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I doubt you're actually burning 1,500 calories at the gym. That aside, as an adult male you need to be eating far more than 1,000 calories a day, especially if you're exercising. That's downright dangerous.
  • phantomprime
    phantomprime Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I understand that I am not burning off 1500 I just go by what the machine tells me. I was reading an article on livestrong and it does give a more accurate readout. Most likely I am burning maybe 1200-1400. My exercise is a Treadmill with the "hill" program. Which starts me off at 9 Degree incline and eventually goes up to 15. I do this for hour and the machine says Its just over 900 cal burned. That plus if I do the bike or the arc trainer its roughly 200-300cal burned. Plus I don't drive so I walk to my house which I do an hour of moderate walking. I do try to eat within my range though I try not to binge that is why I try to eat small and exercise more.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I'd say you should start off by getting your calorie intake squared away. Read this thread and run the numbers:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

I'm not completely on board with the whole "OMGZZZZ starvation mode" thing, but on the other hand I'm pretty sure that leaving your body only a couple hundred calories a day to run on can't be a good thing....especially if you're working out 2-3 hours a day. If you drive a car around at 100 miles an hour with no gas or oil....well, the results are predictable.
  • Jackie9950
    Jackie9950 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    become friends with helloitsdan and take his advice. He knows what he is talking about and he will get you back on track to losing weight and gaining muscle :):flowerforyou: hope this helps