Lacking Motivation...

Options
I worked so freaking hard for like 3 months to lose about 20-25 pounds and I was finally at my goal weight but then I started having some relationship issues and started late night snacking a gained a few pounds back, then I went on a week long trip and gained a few more back...
Basically in a month or a little more I gained back 7 pounds. I KNOW I'm not fat, but I'm not happy with how I look right now either. I feel all squishy and flabby and I just wanna get back to my low weight again but idk how :/

I just don't have the motivation to push myself like I did before and idk what to do about it...any suggestions?

Replies

• trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    How long did you maintain your goal weight
  • sandyyy712
    Options
    How long did you maintain your goal weight

I maintained it for about a month
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    So thats good, think positive your weight gain is only a '' holiday binge''. You know how to lose the weight and doing something straight away means you will feel better. It doesn't have to be intense. Learning to keep your weight down can be as hard as the actual losing. You have done both. Well done:flowerforyou:
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Put a picture of yourself at your goal weight up somewhere you will see it every day. Put a sticky note under it that says 'get your butt to the gym' or similar. It could work!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Don't push yourself, but set a one pound a week weight loss goal (or half a pound) and stick to it.

And exercise instead of eat when you're upset.

It''s obviously not a problem now, but over your life, it will be. The best time to start good habits is now.

I only gained a pound a year for 25 years and, yeah, I was 25 pounds overweight. Don't do that. It's dumb.
  • PlushHyena
    Options
    I also start lacking motivation the closer I am to my goal (you were there and gained some weight back, but you're probably stopping yourself because you know you don't really look bad). This time I want to commit myself and keep logging in here. The community here is a good motivator.

And don't take me wrong, I agree that you should lose the weight if that's how you would like yourself better. I just know from experience that my motivation was the greatest when I was told to lose weight by a doctor.
  • abslikewhat
    Options
    You said that you don't know how to keep yourself at your goal weight.
    Fitness, healthy eating and sweating are all part of a healthy lifestyle.
    I'm assuming you lost the pounds because you knew that, and you knew what your body needs to be healthy.
    You can stay at your goal weight range, and you know what you need to do everyday, to keep loving your healthy self.
    Eating well (and enough), so that you can keep yourself fit and full of energy is something you have to love to do.
    If you have emotional eating issues, than you need to start trying other emotional control habits, and tracking your emotions the way you tracked your weight. Start a journal. Find patterns. Replace bad emotional reaction habits (emotional eating) with good habits ( exercising, dancing, walking, singing, art, meditation etc) .
    You're already there girl! You can do it!