Why can't we show our strength training on our home page?

Options
I did some sit ups and I'm proud, but it doesn't show on my home page like it shows when I do cardio. Doesn't strength training burn calories too? I can just type it in, but I just wondered....

Replies

• therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    You have to add the strength training under the cardio section as well. The strength section is for keeping track of weights / reps / sets. It doesn't calculate the calorie usage there.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Go through the cardio list instead of the strength training one - all weights/resistance/situps/etc are all listed there as well. I wear a HRM when I'm doing all that to make sure it's accurate. Cheers!
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Most people log their strength training in the cardio section, so that they get credit for it (calories and kudos).
  • brjustice2000
    Options
    You can research and find out the calorie burn for the things you want and then create your own exercise as a cardio exercise. I did that for weight lifting and walking in the pool. Of course my body weight wasn't one of the ones listed. So I divided the body weights given into the calories burned and came up with 2.72 calories burned per pound of body weight for lifting heavy weights and walking in the pool for an hour. 1.36 calories burned per pound of body weight for light weight lifting.

The neat thing is that MFP automatically changes the calories burned as my weight changes. I use to get over 700 calories for walking an hour in the pool, but now only get 621. You lose weight and it takes fewer calories to move the lighter you around.

You can google "calories for xxxxx" with xxxxx being the exercise you want to track the calories in your exercise diary.
  • 2004Jessica
    Options
    Ok, I'll check it out! Thank you. :flowerforyou: