I can't loose.

Options
I don't eat a lot and when I do it's real food. I exercise and walk tons but I keep gaining weight. I built some muscle but that top layer has not come off yet. Awkward stage...

Replies

• itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Make your diary public and we might be able to help you out.
  • LinaBo
    LinaBo Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    You may be eating too little, and your body is trying to hold on to what is has as a result. Alternatively, you may be consuming more calories than you think, and burning fewer calories in exercise than you think, and not logging things accurately. It could really be any of a number of reasons, but it's hard to tell without being able to see your food and exercise diary.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    If you are asking advice people will need a bit more info. Height, weight, calories consumed, what type of excercise you are doing and how often and it would be a good idea to open your diary so people can see what you are eating.

There are a lot of very experienced people on here who may be able to give you good advice. If they have that information.

Good luck
  • gailashton
    gailashton Posts: 292
    Options
    Mix it up and get another form of exercise if you can. If you can't afford a gym membership or classes then get a yoga ball for home, some light weights and resistance bands. Maybe some exercise CDs. There's more to exercise than walking even though it's a good adjunct. You need to stoke your furnace. Be patient, watch your carbs especially the whites, i.e. white bread, pasta, white rice and sugar. Good like and if you need help find some friends out there who have been successful, see what they're doing It just may help. Everyone is different, however it's not rocket science. Good Luck, gail
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    If you are asking advice people will need a bit more info. Height, weight, calories consumed, what type of excercise you are doing and how often and it would be a good idea to open your diary so people can see what you are eating.

There are a lot of very experienced people on here who may be able to give you good advice. If they have that information.

Good luck

This. You also say you don't eat a lot, you may very well be eating too little.
  • ShyFeather
    ShyFeather Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Homophones rawr :grumble:
  • MonkRocker
    MonkRocker Posts: 198
    Options

Since this will likely go completely over your head, "lose" and "loose" are two different things. ;)

That being said, like everyone else pointed out - without knowing anything specific about what you're doing, it's gonna be hard for us to help. Either open up your diary, or give us your numbers: height, weight, age, how many calories you're eating, what exercise and how much, etc, etc, etc.
  • LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Are you eating at least 1,200 calories a day?
    I use to eat less than that, not on purpose, just the way it happened and I had the hardest time losing weight. I upped it to what MFP told me and now I'm losing a lb or so a week
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,006 Member
    Options
    it would be easier to give you advice if I could see your food diary, but i would suggest trying calorie cycling, and mixing things up , trying a different exercise. You can do it, just hang in there
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options

Was just going to say what the hell? When I realised I had read it incorrectly, my bad :laugh: