How much did you lose on your first weigh in?

Options
It will be my first weigh in tomorrow and I am kind of anxious about it. I'm hoping for two kilos since it is the first week. If I haven't lost anything, then I will be shocked. If I haven't lost anything I hope I don't turn to food. So, having said that, what did you lose on your first weigh in and how did you react?

Replies

• AlphamaleBAMF
    AlphamaleBAMF Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Well to put it bluntly I read all this stuff about omega 3 and carbs and basically what I did was stopped eating potato chips and started eating bags of mixed nuts with my alcohol (which I didn't count because it wasn't a food and I didn't think it had many calories) as a snack instead.

This was before I understood calories and lets just say it didn't go to well at all, I was actually 5 lbs heavier than the week previously and I think is entirely due to the fact that nuts have LOTS of calories.

Nevertheless I persevered and eventually I did start losing weight.
  • WTBSE
    WTBSE Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    A grand total of 0lbs!
    Its OK though, i know it'll come off with time, i just have to carry on. After all, its not all about what i look like (although thsts the main focus), its also about FEELING strong, fit and healthy.
  • FungusTrooper
    FungusTrooper Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I lost like 7lbs my first week - I went from eating tons of fat and being totally sedentary to counting everything and going for a walk every day.

It quickly balanced out, but yeah the first week can be literally anything from 0-10lbs, so don't get discouraged regardless.
  • flynnfinn
    flynnfinn Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    my first weigh in was today! i'm dead even. i started at 58kg and i am still 58kg. BUT...clothes fit ever-so-slightly different. i tried on some pants on monday and they were unpleasantly tight. tried them on today and they're fitted but not uncomfortably tight. i can't really say where i did something right or if i did something right but i've been hiking/uphill walking everyday since beginning of july and two weeks ago, i started strength training. however, i barely started logging in my food intake last monday. so i don't really know where to credit my non-scale victory to.

to be honest though, i only have 3-4kg to lose. that's chump change. i wasn't expecting a loss in the first week anyway nor do i expect a loss in the second. maybe HALF a kg by september 1st! but this is not a race for me. whenever i lose it is whenever i lose it.
  • shrinking_me
    shrinking_me Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I was down 2.7kgs on my 1st weigh in :)

Good luck!!!
  • phlower
    phlower Posts: 103
    Options
    Way back in January, I think I lost 6 lbs the first week. After that it slowed way down, as is normal. If you don't see the results you expect, it's okay. You've still made good, positive changes that will show up on the scale over time. Just keep on keeping on, and eventully the scale will catch up. Remember, it's about so much more than that number!
  • lisamerrison
    lisamerrison Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    It is my first weigh in today and I have lost 2lbs. I am sort of a bit disappointed because I expected to lose more in my first week as I normally when I diet lose about 7-8lb on the first week. However, when I have dieted before I have not exercised at all let alone to the extent I have been doing this week (1 gym session and 1 swim session per day with a break on Sunday) maybe the exercise has made the difference.

Also, I do know that a lot of water is lost in the first week which accounts for most of it and as I have been exercising which in turn makes me sweat and I have been drinking plenty of water maybe that has had an effect.

Still, lets hope the 2lb is actually body fat and not water!!!
  • Nicoleleeee
    Nicoleleeee Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    MFP needs to get a 'like' button as I like all of your comments!

Thank you and I will report back with my weigh in results. It is true that it's more than the number but that's the only way I know to 'measure' my success. Although, my jeans do feel slightly looser, and I feel healthier and less bloated. So I guess I will consider this week a success! :drinker:
  • mamawjoyce
    mamawjoyce Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Today is the first weigh in since i joined mfp, The #"s the same as a week ago 239, I am bumbed alittle, but, i think i will stay strong & see how next week goes. Hang Tuff friend!
  • Nicoleleeee
    Nicoleleeee Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I weighed in, and I lost 1.8kg. Didn't hit that 2kg mark! :grumble: But I am still very pleased with myself!
  • jlplove
    jlplove Posts: 25
    Options
    3 lbs, then the next week, I gained one back, then the next week, lost one again. Was hoping for more, kind of discouraging. But we must not give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • MuddyEquestrian
    MuddyEquestrian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I lost 4lbs my first week after making HUGE changes! The weight will come off, just stick with it and keep trying! I'm one to get very discouraged easily so if I can do it so can you :)
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I lost around 2.3kg (5lbs).
  • lilgemforgets
    Options
    i lost 7lbs week 1 and then 2lbs each week since...although i think it is slowing down!
  • NinaYumYum
    Options
    Today was my first weigh in, and I lost 7.2lbs today. I only focused on eating better this week. I'm going to slowly add in exercise this coming up week. I'm debating if I should weigh myself every two weeks instead of one week.
  • angelraguel
    angelraguel Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    i lost 5 ibs. good luck :D
  • ChiFortunate1
    ChiFortunate1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Pft Puh-LEEZ! My first weigh in I gained 2 pounds... :grumble: :angry:
    After my body realized there wasn't a: famine, zombie apocalypse, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome type of Extinction Level Event... and this was going to be the new normal, on week number two I was down 4 pounds. LOL!!! :bigsmile:
    So, don't be freaked or discouraged if the number on the scale doesn't make you jump for friggin joy!

21371726.png
  • Abi_bug04
    Abi_bug04 Posts: 220
    Options
    I lost around 8 lbs in one week on my first weigh in two years ago.
    This time around, I lost 4 lbs in my first weigh in.

I wouldn't stress out too much about it though, sometimes it takes longer than that for your metabolism to adjust to your new lifestyle!

Good Luck! :)
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I lost 3 lbs. Then 2 the next week. Then nothing for probably 4 weeks.
  • yukonboron
    Options
    Me and my beautiful bride are doing this together ! So far 4.4 and counting,