my first 5K!

Options
susybon
susybon Posts: 36 Member
I did it! My first goal was to just finish, my second was to run the whole thing. I managed to do both and come in first in my age bracket(50-59). I don't think there were many in my bracket, but hey I did it! Since starting this journey I have lost over 30 pounds and the best part-no more fibromyalgia symptoms. Thank You, Lord! One of my inspirations is my daughter Amy. She went from an unathletic woman to loosing 100 ponds and running half marathons. It is all about daily small decisions. If I can do this at 56 anyone can! Ps....I smoked my daughter-in-law!

Replies

• flipsit
    flipsit Posts: 111
    Options
    That's fantastic. Well done.
  • jbarlow715
    Options
    Thank you for the inspiration. I have recently begun my "running career"!
  • Jazzberry91
    Jazzberry91 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    amazing job! I loved it when I finished my first 5k. Cannot wait until the first one that I can run :)
  • slynn906
    slynn906 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Good job.

I'm doing my first 5K tomorrow. I'll be walking.
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Really, truly wonderful!! (Especially that you smoked your daughter in law)

One of my goals is to jog an entire 5K... and I'm just freaking out that my next c25k says I have to jog 3 minutes straight... so I'm glad I read this today's Congrats and Thanks!!
  • drlauram
    drlauram Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • mother_of_brigade
    mother_of_brigade Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep it up, you'll do great. I did my first 5k last year and am training for the half. Nervous but excited.
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Great job! Now on to the 10K :tongue:
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    that's awesome!!! congrats!
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Yea you!:drinker:
  • KimWW
    KimWW Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Great job! I am hoping to be able to handle this in the Spring. I love reading inspiration from people who did it!

You rock!
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! I'm starting to train for my first 5k with the Couch to 5k program and I couldn't be more excited!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!