Getting out the door

Options
A basic question for those early AM runners. You just woke up - you're tired, it's cold outside, your bed feels so nice... how do you get yourself out the door? Is it really a mind over matter struggle?

Replies

• shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    i get off work at 7am and the fun part for me is convincing myself to exchange one pair of shoes for another partially because of the fact i despise closed toed shoes of any kind
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I'd live year-round in flip flops if I could :)

Any AM runners here?
  • eevers
    eevers Posts: 15
    Options
    I had that problem too (and still do a lot of days when the baby has been up all night) But I've found that keeping some sort of motivational something by my bedside can help. A picture of yourself that you want to be healthier/thinner/whatever. A picture of the outfit you want to fit into. Anything like that
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I am not an EARLY AM runner, but if the decision is between 24 degree celsius morning or 34 degree afternoon run, i'll make myself go anyways. having said that, i am not at my best in the morning. usually run quite a bit slower and feel worse for it... gotta figure the whole water & breakfast thing out still...
  • stfriend
    stfriend Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    One foot on the floor at a time, works every day. Course, I'm not much of a runner but I do lifting or cardio in the am.
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I get up at 5:30 for my long run days. I say a lot of bad words.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I get up at 5:30 for my long run days. I say a lot of bad words.

Yikes! haha. Whatever works for you?

I wish I had a motivation that was like running to get to something important or amazing - like a gold mine :D