Calories per meal question for a girl constantly on-the go!

Some precursors about myself:
I have a job where i'm moving around alot so its hard to find time in the middle of the day have an actual meal. I always stay within my calorie goal range though & i get some additional excercise

miraculously enough i still manage to eat at 4-5 different times throughout day MOST of the time, but the thing is the number of calories for each meal (snacks included) will fluctuate from 150-450.

My question is two-fold:
1)What usually happens since i'm so busy is it that i eat most of my calories early in the day (7-11 am) & at dinner (8pm) but mostly in the morning. the middle & bulk of my day is mostly snacks of 150 calories or less. Is my body going into survival mode during this time of the day only to store my dinner calories as fat?

2) If so, will that fat be burned off eventually from the deficit created by my daily activity, excercise and/or during sleep, given that you stay within calorie goals?

ANY input would be greatly appreciated :)
& if this question or something similar has been asked before feel free to leave a link to it as well

Replies

• lipsticknlattes
    lipsticknlattes Posts: 49 Member
    If you are not starving yourself, then your body will not go into starvation mode. Even though it is much debated, it doesn't matter when you eat food or how big/small the meal or meals are. As long as you are eating within your calorie range and exercising, you will see results.
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Many think the 4-5 small meals is ideal. You aren't going to go into survival (or starvation) mode by eating that way - don't worry. The only suggestion I'd make is don't make your dinner too big at 8:00 you'll sleep better and lose more weight.

Good luck!