Introducing myself

Options
Hello everyone. I am new to MFP. However, I am not new to the weight loss struggle or to even online support systems. I lost 40 pounds using another site a few years ago and then became ill, hospitalized, and on bedrest. I gained it all back and then some. I am now 100 pounds overweight. I need to get it off. I am starting primarily with food. One thing at a time. Yesterday's food diary is typical day for me. I cut soda mostly out two weeks ago, so I am getting there. I talked with Rob today, my bf of nearly 8 years, and we are going to eat out only once a week as my next step. He runs 5 or more miles 6 days a week, so food isn't an issue for him, but he wants to help me. What can I say about myself? I quit smoking 6 years ago. YAY! I am a Registered Nurse working two jobs. One is hospital general medical/surgical and the other is long term psychiatric. Rob is in school full time, works part time at the school in admissions, and does his internship on campus as well. Our daughter is almost 10 and she swims and is in dance (hip hop), pom pom, and tumbling. I love shoes, nail polish, makeup, purses, and music. My favorite color is orange. I have one cat, named Beezo who is one year old. I have 4 fish tanks and a rat named Oreo. I used to love walking before I got ill, so here's to hoping! Sadly, with my schedule and all my nurse friends' schedules, I have no real face to face support for this struggle. Other than Rob. Who loves me and wants to help but doesn't understand. He is thin! And runs! So here I am. I am looking for support. I will be here for anyone who needs me as well.So friend me if you like. But be aware. I work 12 hour nights! :)

Replies

• jackibailey
    jackibailey Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hi! Nice to meet you! I'm glad you're here! I totally sympathize with your situation. In 2006 I had a hysterectomy, bladder suspension, and hernia repair done all at once. I ended up getting MRSA and over the following year and a half had 16 surgeries and one long stint in a convalescent center because it got into my blood. Scary! Also I am bipolar so afterwards was pretty messed up. I take a lot of medication and have been on some awful stuff that made me gain weight too. I joined MFP April of 2011. I started at 348 pounds. I did really well for seven months, losing nearly 80 pounds. Then I ended up going through a horrible med change and I gained 55 pounds back over the next six months. I couldn't stop binge eating. So heartbreaking to me. So in February this year my doctor did a complete overhaul on my meds and we think we are getting there! :) I'm so much better. I have lost all the weight that I gained back. I have a hard time with exercise. Bad hips from being so darn fat, but hopefully that will change with more weight loss. I would love it if you want to add me as a friend! Good luck to you! I know you'll do great! Jacki
  • mamawjoyce
    mamawjoyce Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    welcome yes its a struggle,i am here to give u a pat on the back girls, i too am struggling we all are so u came to the right place.:flowerforyou:
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I certainly understand about the weight gain from health issues and how hard it is to get that weight off again. I am a Type I Diabetic on an insulin pump and have had many health issues and surgeries. I have neuropathy in my legs that makes any exercise a huge challenge. Dropping calories and weight causes constant changes with insulin needs, so I battle super highs and super lows all the time. When the lows happen, I often am unconscious or have seizures and am given i.v. fluids with dextrose to bring them up. That adds back any weight I have lost and then some. I was overweight when I was young, but lost it all as a teen and stayed thin until I turned about 30. For the last 13 years I have gained anywhere from 8-10 pounds a year. I was approved for gastric bypass surgery last year and went through all the appointments, paid all the money for the nutrition classes and counseling, etc. Started the liquid diet and registered for the pre op and found out the next day that I was denied. It has been under appeal now three times. It seems I am going to do this the old fashioned way and I think I am glad for that. I am here to lend any support or encouragement to anyone who needs it and I appreciate any in return. Anyone who needs an extra friend, feel free to add me!
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you too girls! I already did my workout for the day. :)
  • hsgz72
    hsgz72 Posts: 3
    Options
    thanks for joining :)
  • Ransberry4
    Options
    Hi there, Im new to MFP as well. Alittle bit about me, Im 5'2 172lbs and a mother of 3, from Canada, trying to get fit an healthly for my children (ages 4,2,1) An show them a better way of living..
    I've never really done this kind of thing before, but now that my daughter will be starting school I dont wanna be known as the fat mom when I pick her up..
    I'm trying 6months terms, first 6 months I wanna lose a min of 30lbs, more would be great but Ill be sooooo happy with 30lbs.
    My second 6 months will start in Feb, an in my second block of 6months I wanna try to lose at least 15/20.. I wanna be a better me, feel good and look great!!
    I think this site is amazing!!
  • annfuller1
    Options
    Hello, I know your struggle with health, I have Addisons disease, an underactive thyroid, going through the menopause (since I was 30) and I had a pituitry tumour which was very painful. So as you can see I get pretty tired, I eat because I am tired but I am taking one day at a time. My doctor said I needed a game plan as my health issues were getting worse due to my long hours working with the elderly. So I took the bold step of quitting my job.

xxx
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Holly,I needed the push and you knew it! You are welcome!

Nice to meet all of you. We can do this if we put our minds to it.