What is your HONEST reason for losing weight??????

Options

Replies

• ShaunaLaNee
    ShaunaLaNee Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    To look good, improve self-esteem, and little revenge mixed in there...look at me mother**** I'm doing it:) haha!
  • Dragonnade
    Dragonnade Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I looked down and could see my belly beneath my tits.

Now, I'd like to feel confident enough to wear a bikini, so "I'm ginger; the burning isn't worth it" isn't hiding a greater excuse.
  • ShaunaLaNee
    ShaunaLaNee Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Honestly?

To be able to say "In your face F**kers" to everyone that never gave me a chance because of my weight! It's my time to stand up and be heard!
    I love this, and feel this way about people who have cheated on me!!
  • LinaBo
    LinaBo Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    My number one reason is for my health (hopefully beat my FMS symptoms into remission, and fix a bad back), but being one of the hot chicks again and getting my pick of the guys comes in at a very close second.
  • chimpy_chimp
    chimpy_chimp Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I want to avoid diabetes.
  • 9thwardchick
    9thwardchick Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I used to be the woman that when I walked by men they looked at me with desire. I want to be that woman again. Also there is a super fine man that I have been having a casual relationship with for over a year. I know that if I shape up, our relationship will change in the right direction :love: . He is really fit. Even though, he says he doesn't mind my love handles. I know that he would like a better body. Me too.

AND, my boss makes me sick :mad: ! We are both dieting and exercising. I just want to beat her. I am already smaller and better looking than her. I'm also older than her (coworkers didn't know that until I told them). I want to make her look like *kitten* in my presence because she is a pathological liar that makes everyone in the office miserable. I know that this sounds shallow, but if you only knew . . .
  • VeganZombie13
    Options
    I'm doing it to be healthy, happy, to feel amazing, so I can do what ever it is I want in the long run. I don't want to be a bum on the couch watching everyone..
  • Tashia_HH
    Tashia_HH Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Everyone pretty much said it all"
    I don't wanna be the fat chick anymore.
    I don't wanna take meds anymore
    I don't wanna be the fattest mom at senior night or graduation
    To say f-u to all the men that wouldn't even give me the time of day
    To stop hating how I look
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I want to be comfortable.
  • momto3as
    momto3as Posts: 12
    Options
    Throughout my young adult life I was a 6-8, went to the gym 5 to 6 days a week, and ate very healthy. With each of my children I gained 10 lbs I didn't lose before having the next one, I stopped going to the gym, and started eating more and more processed convenience foods. In the midst of this, my marriage began to fall apart. Not that I can completely blame him for food put in my mouth, but I feel like he would sabotage any weight loss I did accomplish by his behavior. (My kids would always comment how my husband would cook all my favorite foods I couldn't eat whenever I went on a diet.) I just stopped caring about myself to care for the kids and wallow in my self pity about why my husband and I just couldn't get along. So here I am now 30 lbs heavier than I should be. My mom, dad, and sister all have type 2 diabetes. I have PCOS, low thyroid, and I am hypoglycemic- talk about a crappy combo! But I'm determined, I am competitive, and I'm a fighter. My marriage is on its last legs and I refuse to be left as the dumpy ex-spouse. I want people to look at me with awe that I am strong on the inside AND the outside. In May when I started running again, it was like someone offered me a life preserver. Slowly but surely...
  • dkweathington
    dkweathington Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Because I want to shop at Ann Taylor instead of Lane Bryant.

YES!!! (love this)

I love this too!

agreed
  • smaschin
    smaschin Posts: 91
    Options
    So i can see my willy, to see what all the fuss is about ;-)
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Health. For sure. I started on blood pressure meds at 24. How sad is that? My mom died of a heart attack at age 46. She was obese, sedentary, had uncontrolled high bp and other problems. I don't want that to be me and I was quickly headed in that direction. After being on blood pressure medication for 10 years, I'm happy to say I've been off the meds for about 5 months now.
  • ninnalibra
    Options
    to look hot and wear clothes that i like and not what i have to wear to hide mu bulges......and to regain my confidence
  • mommyred35
    mommyred35 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Vanity and I miss the strong feeling I use to have. When I was fit I felt like I could do anything without anyone.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    This 26 pounds ain't gonna lose itself.

I'm squishy around the middle. I don't like the way it looks and it's a dangerous place for a woman to carry weight when her family has a history of heart disease. And I don't want to be in the half way mark where nothing in the skinny girl store fits right and nothing in the fat girl store fits right, and good luck finding a bra in my size that doesn't come in a box, or cost less than $50.
  • sapphirewind
    sapphirewind Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    To finally feel good about myself and not be larger as I grow older...
  • HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Can't pin it down to just one thing.
    I'm afraid of cancer and diabetes and all the other scary things associated with being obese.
    I hate my side profile.
    All selfish reasons though, there's no doubt in my mind I am doing this for me, not anyone else!:blushing:
  • bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    to help the self esteem and maybe have the courage to actually ask a girl out.
  • lilacsun
    lilacsun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Well I should say "because I want to avoid medication for my recently diagnosed type 2 diabetes". That would be politically correct. But really number one reason is vanity lol. I'm sick of being fat!