New to MFP

Options
Hi all!
My dr suggested checking out MFP, so here I am. :0) I am currently using WW, too, and thought I'd try out both for a week to see which I like better. Because I'm a huge fan of fruit, I think MFP may be a better fit for me to help keep track of how much fruit I'm eating [in other words, you can still have too much of a good thing]. And I like that it's free!

I turn 32 this Autumn. This last year has been pretty sobering as various health problems have cropped up. Some of them have nothing to do with my weight, but a lot of them do. I realized this year I need to get serious about my health. So I'm eating healthier and enjoying walking again bc I have the energy for it! I started out on medifast but bombed that one after a week. It's working for alot of my friends, but I finally decided it's not for me. The WW has been good, but again, I tend to crave a lot of sugar in any forms, including fruit. So when I heard about this, I thought MFP might be the extra accountability I need to make sure I'm not overdoing it on the "free fruit" that WW advertises.

Does anyone use MFP "fitbit"? I love the idea of it, just curious how affective people have found it to be [and does it have any "bugs" they need to work out yet]?

Replies

• Happyirisheyes
    Happyirisheyes Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi there
    I've just joined to and I am already feeling very motivated. It is a great site with lots of support and help. Please feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • Sixlairds
    Sixlairds Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! I am a 43 YO mother/grandmother and I'm simply tired of being overweight. I joined MFP almost a year ago but simply didn't utilize it. I think I had to be ready to actually do it. Getting on the scale and seeing 288 was the turning point for me. So the beginning of July I simply cut out eating after 9PM, then I joined WW, and the first of this month I got back on MFP.

For me I think the most important aspect of changing my life is going to be the tracking. If I don't track, I don't pay as close attention to what I eat. The meetings at WW have been instrumental in providing accountability and support which has been integral to me staying on task with my goal as well.

One step at a time.....

I really like the combination of MFP with WW. It has been wonderful seeing where I need to improve. I haven't started utilizing the exercise tools yet, but I'm hoping to soon.
  • JanHat77
    Options
    Welcome to MFP

You will be pleased with the site. As you I had done WW and other programs. This one seems to work for me. I have lost 14 pounds in just over a month. Started out at 209. I do have a fitbit and I love it. Really haven't had any issues with it. The only problem I had was getting it to sync up with MFP. Finally got that resolved. My fault for not reading directions correctly. lol Good luck on your journey you can do it.
  • Sadiemae2008
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for responding! I definitely want to get the fitbit in the near future, I think it will put less guess work into calculating how much I walked. :-) I was already bad today and ate waaaaay more than i should have, and food I had committed to not eating [and now I feel like crap]. So I need to get back on the wagon, so to speak, and go for a long walk tonight. That will at least get me back where I should be for today and remind myself to never give up. Two mistakes [last evening] doesn't have to be three and beyond!
  • sunrize_sc
    sunrize_sc Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Unlike WW, this site is completely FREE!! You'll find all the tools you need here. Feel free to add me as a friend also!!
  • Kit_Kat1213
    Options
    Welcome! I am also new and really like hearing your story, as mine is similar.

Feel free to add me if you'd like!

:)
  • annfuller1
    Options
    hi

I tried WW but I found that I was constantly thinking about my next meal rather than what I am putting in my mouth. If I had a couple of points left I would be looking in the fridge to see how I could use them and then I would feel panicky cause i couldnt eat till tomorrow.

However, if it works for you then that is wonderful and goodluck with your journey.

pleae feel free to befriend me

xxxxxx