Joined yesterday...starting today

Options
I actually joined yesterday and I am ashamed to say I cheated!! I was ready for the challenge, then late night snacking took over my body!! I am back on the wagon and calling today my true starting date! It will be hard to get adjusted to much fewer calories per day....any advice on coping while I am getting adjusted????
Thanks!

Replies

• vpmetro
    Options
    I started yesterday as well. Unfortunately went over calories both yesterday and today. I was surprised when entrying some of my menu choices how high in calories they were, and I thought that I was doing pretty good before - now I see why I was not losing weight. Guess it's time to find some new favorite foods. LOL
  • chipgal
    chipgal Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Welcome to both of you and remember there is always tomorrow.
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I hope you are able to meet all your health and fitness goals, and hopfully this site will help you!

As for snacking... make sure you have healthy snacks on hand so you aren't tempted to go for those "not so healthy" snakcs! I love popcorn and it's usually made when we watch movies... I made the switch to kettle corn. It's only like 60 calories per serving and is sweet so will satisfy your sweet tooth! It works for me!
  • mereb
    mereb Posts: 6
    Options
    Me too!!!! One shock was the amount of calories milk. I loooove milk and while I know I don't need to cut it out of my diet, I've got to cut back! I haven't gone over my calories today but my most dangerous time of the day is coming up...coming home from my night class and wanted to snack!!
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    try eating more veggies; raw or frozen cooked to fill you up. or eat sugar free jello, 50 calorie fiber one yogurt, egg whites 1/2 cup 60 calories. Exercise more, for more calories. hope this helps some and welcome to the community :flowerforyou:
  • mereb
    mereb Posts: 6
    Options
    It does, thanks!!
  • overit
    overit Posts: 273
    Options
    my biggest help has been to realize how much I over eat, even when I THINK I am eating healthy. I broke down and bought a food scale and I have been SO off. Good luck to you!
  • AvianDreams
    Options
    Welcome! I am new too. My suggestion is not to restrict, restriction will not work. I have tried that too many times and failed every time. So if you like some of your snack foods, moderate so you know exactly how much you're eating. That way you get what you like, but you don't go over your calorie intake. :D
  • Heather_b1986
    Heather_b1986 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    i try to find healthier versions of things i normally wud eat e.g. a simple one is milk, i use to drink full fat and only that then i changed to semi skimmed got use to that and now i only hav skimmed milk ever. i really dont like the taste of full fat anymore!
    the thing is u adjust ....gradually but you do!
    also if you are cutting down your calories drasticly and are struggling why not give yourself a few days adjustment time eating less calories each day, u wud still lose weight in ur first week and it mite make it easier to keep going, good luck! x
  • silverfoxie
    silverfoxie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I agree !! Thank goodness we can always start over. Maybe this will be our year gals !!! I may be an "old " newbie, but I am still feisty enough that I am not gonna let this get the better of me. We have to take control, and say hey! No one is going to do this for me and I can do it one day at a time. Good luck gals !!!!
  • Crazygal4455
    Options
    Welcome aboard I had some great advice i will share with everybody try using chopsticks they make you eat slower and your mind will know you are full sooner i tried it it worked for me hope i helped
  • sandyparker2
    Options
    Joined today for a reason! It is or would have been my mom's 80th birthday and I remember her as being my number one fan as far as"you can do this,girl" !!! She always said the first steps are the hardest and that has never been as true as it is today. Lots of changes in my life and always problems. At my age-54, I am currently talking retirement and selling my paid for house. No birds in the nest and thus the bills are slowing down-next year I will have paid for two top college educations, three master's degrees and I promised myself I would be top of the list when all this as said and done---almost there but what do I want? I find myself fat-fatter than I have ever been, I feel bad alot of the time---tired and out of sorts--old age or too much weight or inherited problems-- and more than a little bit lost on my next big focus--always had one--for now its to get my health back!!! We can do this--one day at a time--if need be one hour at a time. Write me anytime. I know how false starts are.:bigsmile: