Sugar Intake

pinkjen
pinkjen Posts: 3
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
Hi Guys
I have been reading some of the past post on sugar intake and just wanted to make sure that Im doing the right thing. While I am not always counting my sugar intake I always stay under on the calories for the day. I like to eat lots of fruits and veggies and im just worried maybe I am doing the wrong thing? Can anyone help????

Replies

• omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    the only sugar intake you should really be concerned about is that of refined sugar.
    Fruits dairy are high in sugar but they are a good-for-you sugar, so if your going over on that, its not a huge cause for concern. The main macromolecules that you should be concerned with are fats mostly and carbs.

as long as your within your daily calories, you should be doing well.
  • sugar intake is the one to watch for weight loss. so i follow the glycemic load (GL) diet. it is based on foods that keep your blood sugar and insulin levels balanced, insulin is a fat storing hormone, if u eat a high GL food and ur insulin is out of control and u have too much of it in your blood you'll put on fat. Its more complicated than that, but that's a very basic explanation. do some research on the glycemic load, it really easy 2follow and scientifically proven to be safe, especially for those with blood sugar concerns. i hope that helps. halima:smile::smile:
This discussion has been closed.