First week on MFP!

Options
Hello all! I signed up for MFP in June, but this is the first week I have actually used it and I love it! I am 31 years old and I have about 45 pounds to lose. I am happily married, finishing up grad school, and ready to make some serious changes in my life. My husband and I are about to enter the world of "adult" jobs and we want to start a family. I'd like to get my life in order and start making good, healthy decisions. I am training for a marathon and I am doing Jillian Michael's Body Revolution. I also love Turbofire! I am looking for support and motivation and so far this site is just amazing. I am also a fitbit user. Please friend me if you want extra motivation. I will try and do my best to help everyone as I have already met some great people on here. :)

Replies

• carolemacg
    Options
    I just joined 10 minutes ago & I hope i will give me the boost I need to get up and lose the weight I need to. I have 3 grown up kids, 27, 25 & 21 who no longer live at home and I feel Iam turning into a fat frump. I have hit the big 50 & have a grandson and I want to feel fitter and healthier.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Officially Welcome!:flowerforyou:

I'm 30, stay at home mom, boys ages almost 2 and 4, married 6 years. I had 48lbs. to lose when I started last September, and have 26 to go. If I can do this, anyone can. I loved heavy strength training, but had to get rid of my home gym during our downsize move to our first owned home. Boooo but yay! at the same time. Haha! Also, I love running, which I never thought I would get into, and am getting back to my boot camp challenge on here when I've fully recover from gall bladder surgery yesterday. Couple weeks, tops, I hope.
  • slboling
    slboling Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Good luck on reaching all your fitness goals.
  • kbennett510
    Options
    good for you what a wonderful way to start your new life
  • tardis_77
    Options
    Hi I just joined yesterday. I am excited to start My Fitness Pal and EA Active 2.