Cabbage Soup Diet: Yeah or Neh?

Options
Hello, Im going to a wedding in 2 weeks and I heard the 1 week Cabbage soup diet really can do wonders for weight loss and is more like a detox. Has anyone ever tryed it? Im gonna start on monday

Replies

• KaosKosmos
    Options
    I have not tried it personally, but a friend of mine did and she lost around 5 pounds in a week! But she also said it was really difficult at times and she was always hungry
  • joyce185
    joyce185 Posts: 19
    Options
    me and my coworkers did it for a week , no cheating followed everyday as directed and I lost 14lbs in the one week, however after two weeks it was all gained back . It is really just a detox felt good after but its not a keep the weight off kinda diet.
  • cdhardison
    Options
    Yes, I have tried it and it is very difficult and you'll be hungry but you will lose at least 5 lbs as long as you do it the correct way (NO cheating). Be very careful when you finish the diet because the same fast way you lost the weight you will gain the weight back just as fast and more weight than you lost...good luck!
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Not good. Will gain it all back as soon as you stop- and maybe more. Would continue to do things right and don't worry about a couple of pounds.
  • ChelsG77
    ChelsG77 Posts: 35
    Options
    Thank you for the comments....I might not do it now...I dont want the weight to come back lol
  • jd5351
    jd5351 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I do a modified version of this when I feel like I need "cleaned out."

I do vegetable stock, about 3/4-1 head of cabbage depending on how big the cabbage is..chop it up pretty fine, carrots, onions, diced tomatoes, zucchini .A pound of navy beans a jalepeno pepper and simmer until all is cooked. Salt and pepper to taste. I eat this for lunch and snacks, but do breakfast and dinner as usual.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    That sounds dreadful
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Lots of fiber...
    Might want to check out this thread before you do....
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/701429-running-i-think-my-waste-is-getting-bigger-help

LOL!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I tried it many years ago and had terrible headaches and felt very unwell. I stopped after 3 days. Having said that Cabbage soup is great as a low cal snack.
  • Anastasia0511
    Anastasia0511 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Hello, Im going to a wedding in 2 weeks and I heard the 1 week Cabbage soup diet really can do wonders for weight loss and is more like a detox. Has anyone ever tryed it? Im gonna start on monday
    I cant believe people are still talking about this diet lol its so oldschool and mostly water weight that you're losing. Try doing the Ultimate Reset by Beachbody. That's a program that works, its a detox, doesn't starve you and you don't gain the weight that you lost back and the weight you do lose is not all water its actual fat which is what I liked about it. Its a 21 day program, but you'll be feeling amazing by day four and by day 21 your life and the way you think about food and eating will be changed completely. It trains your mind and your body at the same time. Its very strict but its not the typical detox where you're running back and forth to the restroom or having aches and pains or headaches and nausea.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine tried it. Be prepared to fart noxiously, from what he told me.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine tried it. Be prepared to fart noxiously, from what he told me.
    That would make a lot more of an impression at a wedding than any weight loss you might manage! :bigsmile:

[edit to add]: You may want to Google something like "bodybuilder pre-contest diet". Those guys have it down to an art when it comes to cutting up and looking as good as possible.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I've done it before and it's ok I guess. If you did it for a bit and then transitioned back to counting calories that would be better than just going wild after going off of it. I think I like the idea better of eating a vegetable based soup for one or two meals a day and eating sensible/balanced the other meal(s). Not sure about all the weird "banana" or "beef" days with that one. Also, I was never super into the actual soup and think I liked it better when adding some tomato sauce to the base. Upped the cals a bit but made it more palatable for me than when it was just broth based.
  • hottbutch
    Options
    I did it a year ago when I was at my highest weight for 1.5 weeks and I lost 10 pounds and then I did Weight Watchers right after. I would have used MFP but I didn't know about it. I was kinda a kick start to my weight loss but after I lost 30 pounds in 3 months I got pregnant.. haha and here I am now.
  • StephanieEmpson
    Options
    :smile:
  • StephanieEmpson
    Options
    I do a modified version of this when I feel like I need "cleaned out."

I do vegetable stock, about 3/4-1 head of cabbage depending on how big the cabbage is..chop it up pretty fine, carrots, onions, diced tomatoes, zucchini .A pound of navy beans a jalepeno pepper and simmer until all is cooked. Salt and pepper to taste. I eat this for lunch and snacks, but do breakfast and dinner as usual.

Sounds yummy except for the jalepeno pepper.. lol
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    This sounds like "Peel a Pound Soup" that I tried in the 70's, just a new name. This is not sustainable, as soon as you quit, the weight comes back. Try something sustainable like eating whole natural foods.
  • gmichaelguy
    gmichaelguy Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I've had the soup but not done th diet. I love cabbage so it was very good. No clue what th diet entails but gimmicks never last so why bother if you are looking for a real solution.
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Like any other fad diet you can lose weight...and when you go back to real life it all comes back on - and sometimes more! Do yourself a favor and just eat healthy to be healthy.
  • subcult
    subcult Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Always reminds of Willie Wonka and the chocolate factory.