New here.

AvianDreams
AvianDreams Posts: 11
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
I am new to MFP. I started 5 days ago after someone at work told me about it. It has helped me a lot so far. It helps me realize what I am actually eating and where I stand. My goal is to lose 46lbs. My starting weight is 171 and I want to get to 125. My goal is to lose at least 30 of those pounds by my daughter's 3rd birthday on May 4th. I have tried to lose the weight in the past, and the only time I was successful was when I had developed anorexia as a teenager. I am thankful that I no longer deal with those issues, but now I need to lose weight the right way. I know I will be successful this time! I am so excited about that!

Replies

• ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Welcome you have come to the right place!
  • calabrdm
    calabrdm Posts: 303 Member
    I weighed 172 last year at this time. This site is perfect. Just remember, slow and steady wins the race. I am almost there these last couple of pounds are really tough to lose. I truly believe that eating clean is the answer. The first couple of month I as eating smart ones and stuff. I lost weight but I lost a lot more when I started eating whole foods instead of the boxed stuff. Good luck! It has been a wonderful journey and now I love how I feel and look.
  • Thanks for the info and support. I have heard the last few pounds are the hardest. I am hoping to be within 10 lb of my target by my 21st birthday on October 7th.
This discussion has been closed.