Starvation mode

Options
How do you get your body to go into starvation mode?

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    How do you get your body to go into starvation mode?

Depends what you mean by "starvation mode".

If you mean the modest reduction in energy expenditure that results from eating less - then that happens when you eat less.

If you mean the complete lack of weight loss while eating nothing - that doesn't happen.
  • TeamNoExcuses
    Options
    I believe my body is in starvation mode which is why I am here. I can't lose weight even though I work out because I only eat 1000 cals at most per day. I am really going to have to train myself to eat more so I can lose weight. It's a hard habit to break.
  • andrewlazenby
    Options
    Actually be starving, which the vast majority of individuals who can afford a computer and Internet access are not. Starvation mode in regard to dieting is a myth.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I believe my body is in starvation mode which is why I am here. I can't lose weight even though I work out because I only eat 1000 cals at most per day. I am really going to have to train myself to eat more so I can lose weight. It's a hard habit to break.
    You're 118 pounds and 5'-2" ? Perhaps you are eating at maintenance
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    It's doubtful she is eating at maintenance at 1000 calories and 118 lbs. Can you open your diary?
  • alongcomesmary12
    Options
    every person is different, but basically you go into starvation mode once you take in so little nutrients that your body is forced to noursih itself by breaking down your own muscle. TERRIBLE idea.:sick: