Best workout routines?

Hi there! I want to know what are the workouts that worked best for you and how long it takes before the results started to show. I'm on day 2 (level 1) of the 30 day shred and my weight went up by 1lb :tongue: I still have a long way to go though. Anyway, which workout routine worked best for YOU? :smile:

Replies

• Hi Chloe,
    I like doing circuit type work outs. I alternate between lower body and upper body. I pick out four to five exercises, and try to complete fifteen reps. I repeat this circuit three to four times. I rest maybe a minute or so between each circuit, not between each exercise. I usually like to have at least three different complete circuits, so my workout last about 45 minutes. I think its fun, effective and I get super sweaty! Which is not nice,but I feel like I'm working hard.Good Luck finding a routine that works for you!
  • _Chloe_
    _Chloe_ Posts: 3
    Thank you for the idea. Thinking of exercises to put together now :smile:
  • thedancingleper
    thedancingleper Posts: 158 Member
    Circuit training works best for me. I used to be a runner, but I feel more toned this way and I still get the cardio in.
  • traciad
    traciad Posts: 5 Member
    30 day shred has helped me a lot. When unare ready you will see how level 2 and 3 are consecutively harder. Just make sure that you are pushing as hard as you can the entire time since its only a 20 minute circuit. I also do other types of workouts but don't forget to burn some good calories to try and do some straight cardio. Once you are ready to try some other toning videos. Jillian is great but if you really want to change your body I think her workouts will not provide you with those results. (Cathe Frederiche is an awesome DVD instructor but she is advanced. You could modify the weights and choose her low impact workouts too. She also has premixes and offers abbreviated versions within the same DVD which makes it worth the money. Good luck!
  • _Chloe_
    _Chloe_ Posts: 3
    Some great ideas, thank you for all of your replies :) I'm new to this site, so I'm a bit of a newbie :P
  • Hi Chole. HIIT and weight training worked best for me and the workout I used was TurboFire. Amazing and fun. I was seeing changes within the first week.