I've been using these tricks:

Options
[img][/img] Water Drinking Trick! *** I made this card, and use these cute little push-pin style magnets, to keep track of my water, vitamin & fiber intake. I have two drinking bottles, so one is in the fridge at all times. They're 24 oz. each, so if i drink 4 bottles a day, I get my 96 oz per day. I also have one that's only 20 oz, which has a great water-tight lid, so that goes with me everywhere, but I don't count that one on the chart. tumblr_m8ju0n28nv1rbi9fvo1_1280.jpg

Hard Boiled Egg Trick *** Hard-Boiled Eggs are a pain if you have to shell them on-the-go. A neater solution: Cook them well in advance, peel them, Dry them off with a paper towel a little bit (this is important!) and then use those little plastic eggs from easter as perfect containers for shell-less hard-boiled eggs! These keep for a whole day in my purse with no problem, and no mess to eat them at all.

Measuring Trick *** Measuring by grams is more accurate than by ounces, and measuring by weight is more accurate than by volume, so I use a scale. It keeps me from accidentally using more than a serving of something. Put a small bowl or cup on the scale, press TARE, and measure out your 15 grams of salad dressing, your 33 grams of peanut butter for your celery, your 27 grams of cream cheese for a dessert portion, etc... P. S. this is the scale I use. http://j.mp/OXi5Kr it's only $9 and WELL WORTH IT.

Portion Control Trick! *** It can be hard to stop & measure when you're ready to eat NOW, so I portion out some foods & snacks before I need them. Yes I'm eating for ketosis, but I'm still paying close attention to portions. It's too easy for me to eat absentmindedly, and then look up and ...OH NO, I finished it?

[•] The green square containers are 25 grams of ground flax seed, plus 2 grams of baking powder. Just dump in a bowl, add an egg and a squirt of oil, and either cinnamon & stevia OR garlic powder & salt, to make minute muffins. (Soda can is just for size reference, no more soda at home for me!) [•] The white square containers are 27 grams (1 oz) of almonds [•] The ziploc bags contain 27 grams of beef jerky [•] The green rectangles are 27 grams of chocolate protein powder. I never seem to be able to get enough protein! I mix it with water to save calories/carbs, but sometimes I use ice too, and blend it like a shake. It tastes fine; it's not delicious, but it's fine. I use it like medicine not like a treat :-) I also grab a string-cheese or two when I'm leaving the house, if I remember. Those things last in your purse for a day or so. tumblr_m8jt8cfzXp1rbi9fvo1_1280.jpg

EDIT: One day I'll get the image link thing right on the first try :grumble:

Replies

• Ridumcowgirl
    Ridumcowgirl Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    bump:) Great ideas!
  • predent
    predent Posts: 95
    Options
    Oh my god, the water drinking trick is perfect. I can NEVER remember if I've taken all of my vitamins and that willl work perfectly! Thank you thank you thank you!
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    he green rectangles are 27 grams of chocolate protein powder. I never seem to be able to get enough protein! I mix it with water to save calories/carbs, but sometimes I use ice too, and blend it like a shake. It tastes fine; it's not delicious, but it's fine. I use it like medicine not like a treat :-)

Almost any good animal source of protein is cheaper and lower in carbs than WPI or WPC and more satisfying.
    I'm never under protein on a day that I eat Tilapia, mostly because 8 oz goes by like nothing. Chicken breast too, 40% by weight cooked. Granted these aren't as portable as protein powder, I can't keep a baggie in my desk drawer.

When I'm home though a frozen tilapia fillet will thaw in a few minutes in water. Saute in butter in another few and ready to go.
  • kvalmera
    kvalmera Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I need to get a scale. I don't measure everything, just eye ball so I am sure my amounts are high or low at times. But I am consistently losing at this point but I know there will come a time when I WILL HAVE to start measuring everything. It's just easier for now because I have soooo much to lose!! Thanks for your tips, they are awesome!!
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    @kvalmera

Even though you are losing now it is good to know with accuracy what it is that is working. If a time comes when it isn't working at least you have some good data on what did work .
  • wendytc
    wendytc Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    great tips!
  • bet3120
    bet3120 Posts: 125
    Options
    interesting !!! thanks for this tricks :)
  • MisChef
    MisChef Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm never under protein on a day that I eat Tilapia,

I'm not really a fan of fish, but especially low on my list are shrimp and tilapia.

I try to eat a can of tuna once per week, but i just don't like it very much. I used to like tuna with mayo on saltines.

In my world, fish exists so I can eat herbed mayonnaise (like how French fries exist as a vehicle for salt and ketchup!)
  • MisChef
    MisChef Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Oh my god, the water drinking trick is perfect. I can NEVER remember if I've taken all of my vitamins and that willl work perfectly! Thank you thank you thank you!

I know, it's the stupidest thing, but since it's right there on the fridge, i can remember to push the pin onto the right square so that I mark what I've drunk.

I take 6 fiber pills / day, 3 at 10am and 3 more at 3:30pm, and they're so easy forget whether I took them or not.
  • sassyusername
    sassyusername Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm intrigued by the minute muffins. What a great idea!
  • dub73
    dub73 Posts: 70
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m8jt8cfzXp1rbi9fvo1_1280.jpg

I weigh things like nuts as well. It's so easy to add 5gr each time without knowing and those calories do add up!

BTW, I do have the exact same containers! The little white ones and the ones with the green lids :happy:
  • robynlynn815
    robynlynn815 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Ahhh it's nice to see someone who is as passionate about weighing things as I am... makes me feel more normal! LOL
    I think I :love: you!
  • GHUMBEL
    GHUMBEL Posts: 8
    Options
    Hey There ,
    Retired produce sales guy, i cook one day a week for 150 at a local church,,, I have some ww sweet stuff to share. ad me if you wish.

greg