Grad school students unite!

Options

Replies

• rylant8
    rylant8 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Second year chemistry PhD student here! Not looking forward to having to go back to the regular semester, I really liked the amount of research and time to exercise I got this summer.
  • lisamarie327
    lisamarie327 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Masters of mental health counseling/marriage and family therapy at Rollins College...2 more semesters!
  • Mrsjenningsjr
    Mrsjenningsjr Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Grad Student here at Eastern University! Done the 27th of this month! MBA in Management.
  • isis8319
    isis8319 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Second year dual law and masters student. Only 2 more years to go.....seems so long.
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Starting my MPH at Armstrong Atlantic State University (Savannah, GA) on Monday! Can't wait!
  • futurestarz
    Options
    About to finish up my Master in Industrial/Organizational Psychology. Started working out only a few months ago, so workouts tend to interup my class work

I will be one with my Master's of Industrial Organizational Psychology next month! Actually writing a paper for my ethics class right now, and wishing I was working out. lol
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    I have three semesters total left and I will have my Masters in Business Administration and a Graduate Certificate in Urban Planning. Yes, I am a dual degree grad student! LoL
  • jessababy22
    Options
    I have two semesters left in my MS program. I'm going for a MS in English with Secondary Education Certification. I had my weight totally in control in undergrad, but working full-time (and over-time) while going to school full-time has killed me! Can't wait for this to be over but trying to do what I can now. I can't let it be an excuse anymore.
  • jdub660
    jdub660 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm getting my M.ed. in mental health counseling. About to start internship and totally nervous!! Must say I thought it was interesting how many of us are in "helping" professions.
  • bethad5
    bethad5 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Masters of Social Work here as well. Graduate in December! taking 5 classes this fall....wish me luck :)
  • jdub660
    jdub660 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Grad Student here at Eastern University! Done the 27th of this month! MBA in Management.

Congrats!!
  • GrAlVt
    GrAlVt Posts: 42
    Options
    Currently (2nd year) Ph.D. student in Electrical and Computer Engineering, major/specialization in Nanoscale Devices and Systems. Hoping to actually backtrack to the Master's degree in the same field and then finish the Ph.D. in Neurosciences. My summer projects are, in short, a prosthetic treatment to restore sight in partially blind patients, upgrading an open neuroscience information framework back-end, and adding additional functionality to an automated neural image processor. Each project is done with a different lab.

For fun, I'm doing extra classes this summer in hot glassworking/pyrex, surfing fundamentals, and quantum computation.
  • losingw8now
    losingw8now Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Masters in Counseling - I was in my last week of last 2 classes when stroke happened (mid April). Had to put off finishing them and internship that was supposed to begin that May. My busy schedule and stress are what my friends think added to my having a stroke, although the doctors say it was a tear in my vertebral artery. I'm sure the stress wasn't helpful - nor were the constant meals on the go mostly fast food. Now had to move my internship back another semester due to my therapists thinking I should wait until Sept to go back to work and then part time at first - so now will graduate a year later.

Don't know how I will still do this when going to internship in ams, then to work afternoons until 9pm M-F - I guess as someone suggested planning out my weeks' meals and preparing them on the weekend. Not good at that type of thing, but may have to get good at it!! Stress is definitely a diet killer - as is picking up food on the go!
  • chickchickadee
    chickchickadee Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I actually lost weight in grad school > nearly buckled under the stress > dropped out > was/am sad my academic career is in tatters at my feet > have consequently been eating my feelings full time for a year > hello, this website

My program was in linguistics on the neuroscience and informatics side.
  • flobeedoodle
    flobeedoodle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I am about to start my second year of a combined MS/PhD in Computer Science. My area of focus in software design, and I am currently doing research in human/robot interaction. I am quite a bit older than the other people in my program, and more-or-less married with an 11yo more-or-less step-daughter. For the most part grad school is going okay for me, but last year there were more than a few all-night coding sessions punctuated with doughnut benders (there's a 24-hour Krispy Kreme right next to campus.)

My goal for the Fall semester is to work on finding a balance between school/work and home that leaves me with sufficient resources of will-power to avoid eating my weight in goodies from the pastelería on my way to school and enough time to keep on doing couch-2-5k.
  • BrittanyLail
    BrittanyLail Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Masters in Nursing Education :)
  • fitQueenbeast
    Options
    MS in Business - Hospitality Management. I have this grand dream of being a hotel owner someday soon. I'm already a business owner of a hospitality staffing company with 5 employees. Celebrating 8 years as an entrepreneur next month! :-)

Erica
  • CarolynKlum
    Options
    Masters in Business (MBA) with a focus on Entrepreneurship. Woohoo!
  • EirePetal
    EirePetal Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Working on a masters in Intercultural Relations.
  • allisonrozsa
    allisonrozsa Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Just finished mine in Vocal Pedagogy. Exhausting, but well worth it.