Hi! Let's be friends and motivate each other!

Options
Hi. I'm Roselyn (or you can call me Rose or Rozeh which is the name I use online. I work at home online. It kinda sucks because I'm always sitting most of the time. I'm 26 and I'm from the Philippines.

I'm obese. Maybe morbidly. And I'm pretty small in height - less than 5 feet. I know being obese has a lot of health risks and it scares the hell out of me. That's why I'm staring to loose weight. I started last 2011 around October with probably 200 pounds. During that time, I tried my version of south beach diet (cos probably I didn't do it properly?) and started exercising using my Xbox 360 and Kinect playing the game version of The Biggest Loser, Dance Central, etc. It worked and I lost 20 pounds - to 180 pounds when December 2011 came.

But Christmas came and because of all the Holiday celebrations, I lost track of what I'm doing. 2012 came and I struggled so hard to loose weight (plus I had surgery). There came a point when my weight was like 170 pounds this year.

Now for some reasons, my cravings came back (mostly bread, I've been addicted to bread lately) and because of it, I'm back to 180 pounds. I guess I'm just somewhat happy that I didn't reach 200 pounds again. But of course I'm really really frustrated that I gained 10 pounds.

My goal since the beginning is to be 130 pounds and if I achieve that and if I still can push myself more, I'd like to be 110 pounds, maybe? I want to completely get rid of my cravings for carbs. I feel like it's my weakness. Any advice?

My short-term goal for now is to be at least 145-150 pounds this October. There's a concert I am going to attend and I want to reach that short-term goal when October comes. I don't know how will I do that. lol But I still plan to exercise on our xbox 360 and kinect (with still The Biggest Loser game and Dance Central) and I will try my best to avoid carbs (or just eat only a few carbs if I can't avoid it.)

Let's be MFP friends and maybe we can motivate each other? :)

Replies

• Chiquita_Bonita
    Options
    Ill add you! We can definatly keep each other motivated lol
  • mitbmitb2
    Options
    hello I am a bread addict to so i understand. I would love to add you and help each other stay away from the "bread basket"! I have recently put on about 30 lbs so i am about 170 right now also. I am also small-framed (5 three) so i think we could help each other out. Good luck and best wishes!Let's do this!
  • Jrbagels
    Jrbagels Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I can add you, too. Motivation is easy at first but it gets easy to get discouraged, too. That's one of the things that I like about MFP--motivation and accountability. Keep up the good work!
  • monkeyhandles
    Options
    Hi, I can add you too. I am a bread and potato addict. I am short 5'2". Trying to get to 130 hopefully if i make that want to
    get to 110. Need someone to keep me motivated. So thought Id join here.
  • Hou_LH
    Hou_LH Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi, I need help too so we can definately help motivate one another!