My husband's Birthday Cake :)

Options
schustc
schustc Posts: 428 Member
Ok - it was a crappy job - but mainly because I just don't have time to put the effort into the detail. Especially trying to finish it with a 4 year old pulling on me all morning (EEEK!) so anyhow - My husband liked it.

It's rice Krispie Treat and devils food with white butter cream... ya'all can recognize what it is, no? even though it's not a GREAT job..? 19992875_9709.jpg

Replies

• elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    It is fantastic. I could not have come close to this kind of culinary art!:drinker:
  • schustc
    Options
    Thanks !!:) I had family give compliments, but- ya know - it's family. Also, I KNOW it's a poor job as far as these things go (hardcore hobbyists to pro's would recognize it's badly flawed). but to the average joe, I wondered what people thought. I'm no pro - ;-) i don't have the time!

THANK YOU!
  • kbennett510
    Options
    I think it looks good and when my kids where at home the look didn't matter at much as the taste
  • elrickis1337
    elrickis1337 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    will you marry me????? i want that cake :)
  • schustc
    Options
    will you marry me????? i want that cake :)

LOL! last year I tried a yoda - but it didn't turn out so well .. hehehe!
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    LOL! My husband says I have to do this now. :P
  • schustc
    Options
    Takes lots of supplies and about 6-10 hours of time. This was on the lower side, hence the sloppy result. *sigh* but, if I ever drop to part time or quit, and have more time to do things, I'll do more of these kinds of cakes (a few examples in my profile). It would have been so much better with a couple more hours to work on it...

Thanks again!!

Tina
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    U shouldve made him.a jar jar binks cake
  • schustc
    Options
    U shouldve made him.a jar jar binks cake

ooh that would have been fun - maybe next year :) we cut into it tonight - I am 'diet breaking' this weekend, so had some. My daughter (4 yrs) was itching to get into the cake ALL DAY.. she did ok though, and the minute the song was sung and the candle blown out, fingers were pulling off fondant and eating it :) (I use the home-made fondant - not the icky stuff that many bakery's use that tastes like cardboard - mine is marshmallow and powdered sugar - tastes like candy)..

good day :)
  • schustc
    Options
    and.. the cake is gone!! :) took the majority of it to the neighbors house - they have 4 young boys and i think they were really excited to get an R2D2 cake! lol

my diet break may stop tomorrow(monday for sure) so no need to keep it in the house

edited to say my husband was in agreement - he wants to get back to dieting tomorrow
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Thats pretty impressive! Happy birthday to your hubs!
  • nalfavi
    nalfavi Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    That's an AWESOME job, and would make anyone feel special :) Happy Birthday to your husband!
  • xarge
    xarge Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    That cake is awesome!

Or as R2D2 would say: http://www.r2d2translator.com/audio/9n34d5oatl2q5frof8s5b71dd4_0.MP3

Kudos for the effort you put in that.
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    Working with cake and fondant takes skill and time. While maybe not perfect, it's obvious how much effort went into this. Definitely a labor of love, well done!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    This is indeed a fantastic work!
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    This is great!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I think it's sweet. Great job.
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    I want that cake!! It looks awesome! Great job!
  • ShyFeather
    ShyFeather Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    For how complicated of a cake that is, I think it turned out awesome. It may have imperfections here and there, but it definitely beats paying for a professional to make it :D
  • Hou_LH
    Hou_LH Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    CUTE!!!