Heart monitor?

Options
I need suggestions for a heart monitor...I heard the chest strap ones are the best...I do not need GPS tracking though it would be nice (depends on cost)

would like the following: avg HR for workout.....as well as being able to see current HR and average calories

Any suggestions?

BTW I know this is a repeated topic, but I did not see any recent ones so I decided to post it...I apologize in advance :\

Replies

• moonlightturk
    Options
    Word on the street is that the Polar Ft4 is the bombdiggitybomb.
  • Anastasia0511
    Anastasia0511 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Body Media Fit hands down. I have tried and own just about every HR monitor and calorie tracking device out there and I have never been as satisfied as I am now until I got this thing. Its amazing! Go to their website and check it out, all the info you need and videos are there.
  • WilmaDennis91
    WilmaDennis91 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I use Sportline HR watch. They're cheap but they count my calories burned and has stopwatch, etc. I really want the Polar one but the one I have now is all I can afford.
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7 and i love it, its so easy to program. I don't exercise without it.
  • uwdawg07
    uwdawg07 Posts: 372
    Options
    I have the Polar ft60 and really like it. I've read that all Polar models are good.
  • AbiCusPeck
    AbiCusPeck Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I've just received the polar FT 7, it seems good, works when I use it automatically - am happy with it!
  • pugsley5
    pugsley5 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Polar watch/ heart monitor,and it is great!!!! It displays my heart rate constantly (which motivates me to kick it up a notch) and at the end tells me a breakdown of the work out,calories etc...I highly recommend. It's 95.00.
  • wendyco
    wendyco Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone!! :)
  • wendyco
    wendyco Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    do the polar models come with a chest strap? :\ Im confused I see some with it some without.
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I have polar ft4, comes with chest strap.
    It shows length of workout, average heart rate, max hr, time within workout range, calories burned.
    You need to wet the electrodes on chest strap and rinse well after each wear. I wash mine every couple weeks ap well in the machine but no fabric conditioner.
    Highly recommend the polar!
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Body fit and Bodybugg are not HRM. They don't tell you your HR.
    Body Media Fit hands down. I have tried and own just about every HR monitor and calorie tracking device out there and I have never been as satisfied as I am now until I got this thing. Its amazing! Go to their website and check it out, all the info you need and videos are there.
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I hope you rinse it in hot water after every use too?
    It shows length of workout, average heart rate, max hr, time within workout range, calories burned.
    You need to wet the electrodes on chest strap and rinse well after each wear. I wash mine every couple weeks ap well in the machine but no fabric conditioner.
  • jim2do
    jim2do Posts: 17
    Options
    I have the polar FT7. check out heartratemonitorsusa.com for the best prices.
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I use a Suunto M4, with a chest strap, I love it, it calculates calories burned based on your heart rate, weight, and gender, and it tells you what type of cardio you need and how long you need to stay in the zone to achieve your goals, you can even upload your progress onto MovesCount and track what you do.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options

Its not supposed to be rinsed in hot water... per the instructions
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT60 and absolutely love it... It has a chest strap and a few options over the FT4 and FT7 that made me lean towards it... It figures your V02Max (which can also be set manually) and is GPS upgradable at a later date with the purchase of a foot pod.... but you can't go wrong with any of the Polar HRM... Best of Luck....
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options

Its not supposed to be rinsed in hot water... per the instructions

I rinse mine in warm water after every use and hang it up to dry... Every couple weeks I put it in the top rack of the dish washer and wash it and take it out before the dry cycle and air dry it... I have always used the (Buh Bump electrode cream) with mine (can be purchased off amazon) Best of Luck....
  • TrinaTW
    TrinaTW Posts: 88
    Options
    I have the Polar ft4. LOVE!!! I see its a pretty popular one too. I paid $65 and I got it online. I highly recommend it!