Ladies With PCOS (Poly-cystic Ovarian Syndrome)

Options
Any Other ladies with PCOS? Im Looking for Support Buddies!

Replies

• katielauren2001
    katielauren2001 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Yes I have PCOS :( makes losing weight so much slower.
  • ThePenguin36
    ThePenguin36 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with it when I was 15. It has been a challenge to lose weight! But it's doable!
  • amberlongsine
    amberlongsine Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    ugh For sure!!!

Have you tried doing a Low GI diet?

I hear its one of the biggest helps with losing weight and maintaining a healthier weight =)
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Sounds brutal
  • amberlongsine
    Options
    Any of you tend to Yoyo in weight? I literally gain 20-40 lbs during the winter (Holidays) and lose it by the end of summer.
  • amberlongsine
    Options
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001408/

here is some information on PCOS for those that dont know what it is =)
  • katielauren2001
    Options
    I try to do Low GI majority of the time, my weight is al overl the place as my periods are so irregular! Maybe it is because it's colder in winter and you tend to eat more? I don't notice a difference as it's cold here practically all year round.
  • amberlongsine
    Options
    That could be a possibility. I have seasonal depression, so maybe thats all tied into my weight gain during the winter months?
  • katielauren2001
    Options
    I'm thinking that is pretty much the answer sadly... but exercise may help? What exercise program are you following right now? I do cardio and lift weights, think it has been beneficial to weight loss. I eat really healthy but I still lose at such a slow pace. Sucks :(
  • amberlongsine
    Options
    Im a nanny so Im literally running around with my kids for 3 hours or more everyday, plus I play with my dog at the creek quite often. I'm eating 1200 calories a day (sticking as close to that as possible) and I do zumba every now and then =)
  • katielauren2001
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing everything right! Good luck, there are also some groups you can join for women that have pcos :)
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    yes! feel free to add me! I hate having PCOS, I am happy with my weight loss so far, but it's not shedding nearly as fast as a normal person.

I am trying to eat low on the GI scale, and basically trying to stick to a diabetic diet. I do Zumba 2-3 times a week, and walk 30-60 minutes on the days I don't Zumba.
  • stephms82
    stephms82 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    PCOS w/insulin resistance here. Been low carbing it for 2 years but it only helped me to maintain. Just switched from Metformin(been on it since 2005) to Victoza on July 30th and have lost 8lbs. I can't flipping believe it, I cried this morning at my doctors.
  • amberlongsine
    Options
    Congrats on the weightloss!