Anyone stuck to 1200 cals

Options
and had trouble loosing? I'm used to losing quick and fairly easy, idk if it's getting older or what but it seems Lot more difficult

Replies

• mlfowler
    mlfowler Posts: 15
    Options
    My weight loss has been steady but slow. Then one day I was going over my profile again and reentered my info and at 1200 cal, my average exercise goals and the fact that I have a sedintary job it told me I would lose on averge of .6 pounds per week. That certainly explained the slow weeks! So because I won't be changing my job and I feel like I'm following the rest successfully and happily I will be satisfied with the slow but steady progress!
  • Breeslice09
    Options
    My weight loss has been steady but slow. Then one day I was going over my profile again and reentered my info and at 1200 cal, my average exercise goals and the fact that I have a sedintary job it told me I would lose on averge of .6 pounds per week. That certainly explained the slow weeks! So because I won't be changing my job and I feel like I'm following the rest successfully and happily I will be satisfied with the slow but steady progress!
    how long has it taken to loose 19? Congrats!!
  • mlfowler
    mlfowler Posts: 15
    Options
    I started back using the site seriously since early May, thank you!
  • skonly
    skonly Posts: 371
    Options
    I do fine on one 1200. I eat a lot too. I will probably eating more protein starting next week, mainly in the morning because I think I may be doing some extra walking with a job. For me it's about eating around my flaky schedule and what will make me feel better. In the winter I will probably eat more. It's hot now I don't like to be out in the heat with too much in my stomach.

You can stuff a lot of food into 1200 calories if you choose good foods. Veggies, veggies, veggies. I would rather have a full plate with several different food items than just eat a little because of the calorie content. If you need more though eat it. Your body will let you know better than any chart or advice.

Also, getting older does affect it. I don't know how you eat or how you are but adding more veggies and fruit, fresh foods and all will help. I have never been a huge eater but if I ate like I did 20 yrs ago I would fit through the door. lol. And I was in great shape.
  • skonly
    skonly Posts: 371
    Options
    oh geez, i just looked. 24 is not getting older. lol. but developing good healthy habits now will help to avoid some problems later.
  • BlueJean4114
    BlueJean4114 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    i am also supposed to be slide in at 1200 per day, to get a 2lb per week weight loss,
    and i am older,
    it's slow and steady weight loss so far, BUT i juuuuuuuuuust started,
    and apparently, from what i can tell by reading around, that at first the weight does come off,
    but then, later on,
    we hit plateaus or something, is what others are saying.

so maybe later on, i will level out, and hit a plateau and struggle around.
    also, i do believe, some of what i "lost" was fluids, not fat.

i am tracking every bite, just tonite, i realized, i drink about 80 calories per day in coffee creamer alone, which i had not been adding in. and i am trying to track Evvvvvvverything i eat right now, til i figure out what works for me, and what does not.

right now, i am breaking all the rules, eating less than recommended on most days,
    and losing something, be it water or fat (not sure)
    but, my long term plan is,
    when i get closer to my goal weight, i plan to eat a more balanced diet than i am right now.
  • BlueJean4114
    BlueJean4114 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    and had trouble loosing? I'm used to losing quick and fairly easy, idk if it's getting older or what but it seems Lot more difficult

wait! getting older? is 24 years old?
    rofl, girl, you haven't even hit your 'full bloom' wonder years yet! ah, i needed a chuckle...(wipes eyes)
    6Ai2d.gif
    at any rate, do hang in there,
    and DO track evvvvvvvvvverything, to really measure what you ARE actually eating, condiments, drinks, snacks, EVERYTHING, each day. GOOD LUCK!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I am on 1200. Some days I am over, some days slightly under. I am losing slowly but have no problem with that because its consistent. I lose anywhere from a half pound a week to 3 pounds...but thats been rare. Still, I am in no hurry. Hurrying weight loss in the past was a ticket to long term failure for me. Slow and steady and forever gone!
  • Jenloma
    Jenloma Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I call it the horrible 1200, while everyone else gets to EAT. LOL
    What I do is get around 1200 and then I workout at the gym so I could at least eat more in the day (Or else I'll faint cause I have blood sugar issues).
  • Jenloma
    Jenloma Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    And I lost 24 pounds in 2 months! :)

I started on this site a bit late
  • dkweathington
    dkweathington Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    just want to say that I love you hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I try to eat the 1200 calories every day. It does vary though, the more I exercise I get in the more I want to eat.

I have only been doing this for 35 days and I have lost 9 pounds. I do get some kind of exercise in daily, with the exception of one day out of 35 days. I have only gone over the recommended calories a few times. My average weight loss is about 1.8 pounds per week, which I am happy with.

I think it's working for me. Stick with it!! Do what works for you.

Oh, and I am 48 years old.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,393 MFP Moderator
    Options
    The closer to a normal weight the more you have to eat as your body can sustain a large calorie deficit. With less than 20 lbs to lose, you should aim for 1/2 lb per week. If you exercise you should be eating 50-75% of your exercise calories if mfp is calculating those calories. Otherwise you will increase the chances of becoming catabolic (converting the amino acids in your muscles for energy).