P90 X grads

baumtim
baumtim Posts: 12
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi all.....need some help on my next step.

I'm a P90 grad and will complete P90X in about 3 more weeks. I've lost over 40lbs, down to close to single digit body fat, and lost over 8 inches off of my waist.

So I'm looking into what program to do next after P90X. I want to build muscle mass and finish off my stomach pooch. No offense to Tony H. but 6 months of Tony is about enough.

Anyone have any suggestions??

Thanks...

Replies

• nali_12
    nali_12 Posts: 172 Member
    There is a P90X post with lots of people that have completed multiple rounds of p90x. A lot of them have moved on to Insanity and a hybrid of insanity and p90x. Might be worth a shot or you could see if they have any advice. The thread is p90x starting a new thread, under fitness and exercise. They are all very helpful and supportive. I finished 90x the end of november and am planning on starting a new round in a week or two hopefully. Actually following the nutrition plan this time and not slacking on yoga or ab ripper! :) You could always do some other workouts for a few weeks and then start another round?! Best of luck to you!
  • rjrezn
    rjrezn Posts: 2
    Hey Congrats on being a P90X Grad!! :-)

Unfortunately I don' t have any suggestions as to what program to try next, but I have been thinking about doing the P90X program. I have been a bit apprehensive due to the intensity of it and questioning if I'm physically ready for it. Currently I've been doing the POWER90 Boot Camp and its been OK, and I'm the type of person that likes to push myself. P90X looks a bit more intense than what I want to chew off right now... what's your thoughts on the program? Overall were you pretty satisfied with it?

Thanks!
  • baumtim
    baumtim Posts: 12
    Very satisfied with P90X. I made the biggest progress doing P90 first. The X has pretty much just toned me up more and gained more strength. Lost most of my weight with P90.

Best advice I can give is to be consistent with the routine and eating clean. It is well worth it. X is pretty intense, but by the time your reach the end of Phase 2 start of Phase 3, some of the exercises that were too difficult at first become much easier......still hard and intense but easier to do.

In all honesty, by the time I reached the last month of P90, I was ready for X. I stayed with it just to complete it. Not sure how boot camp compares to P90. If you are getting bored with boot camp, you may be ready for X or something of higher intensity.

Stick with it, you'll see great results.......Good Luck with it.
  • hello everyone I completed two rounds of p90x last year the classic and the lean lost app 50 lbs , but was layed off from work and fell into a bad depression over the holidays gained 20 lbs back , so now , as a matter of fact today(01-03-2011) re-starting p90x program for 1st round and started the portion control meal plan, im aiming long term to complete 4 rounds(classic,lean,doubles) and p90x plus classic, long term weigloss 80 lbs by end of year , short term 20 by april , wish me luck
  • try p90x plus which adds new routines to the p90x program or the p90x one-on-one vol 3 discs these are great to add new routines, in the fall of 2011 , beach body and tony horton are releasing p90x MC2 the sequel to p90x looking forward to that one
This discussion has been closed.