25 Pounds in 55 Days ... HELP!

Options
Does anyone have any sound advice for a person who has a goal of losing 25 pounds in a little less than two months with a 1200 calorie/day intake goal and bad feet (tendonitis.)

Huh, anyone??? :sad:

Replies

• tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    Swimming is good exercise and shouldn't be bad on the feet. Treading water burns a ton of calories.
  • XxxxDONNA
    XxxxDONNA Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi i had this gor 12 month. I went to physio. Had ultra-sound. After two months of treatmen i went back to gym. I worlout 6 times a week now with litle pain.
    Always wear good shoes trainers
    I have had to give up flip flops. I used to live in them. But not allowed to wear em.
  • thebrianmo
    thebrianmo Posts: 108
    Options
    Does anyone have any sound advice for a person who has a goal of losing 25 pounds in a little less than two months with a 1200 calorie/day intake goal and bad feet (tendonitis.)

Huh, anyone??? :sad:

Let me first warn you that men lose weight A LOT faster than women. Through a medical weight loss program (monitored by doctors, dieticians, behaviorists and exercise physiologists) I lost 40 pounds in 2 weeks. Yes 2 weeks. I'm not joking. A very strict 1200 calorie eating plan where 600 of those calories were from New Direction meal replacement shakes that I turned into smoothies. Plenty of exercise and plenty of water. NO pop, low carb, high protein, no junk food, no fast food, lean meats, no pasta, no pizza. It is difficult but it's so worth it, so totally worth it. I would suggest consulting with a medical weight loss program for best results and safest results.
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Why the time frame? I think if you stress over it, it will be harder to achieve.
  • marilyngrant18
    marilyngrant18 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have a membership at the YMCA and have never used the pool because I have a fear of water so I'm not sure that is a viable solution for me. It's too bad because it sounds as if lap swimming is a great calorie-burner and a good way to tone up! Maybe it's time for more lessons so I can overcome my fear of the water. :^\
  • marilyngrant18
    Options
    Why the time frame? I think if you stress over it, it will be harder to achieve.

I lost about 10 pounds and have been stuck at my current weight for months now. I'm not sure how to get past this point. :^\
  • marilyngrant18
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your input.
  • NcBound
    NcBound Posts: 4
    Options
    See if your YMCA has a water aerobics class. I have a friend who is scared of water who went with me a few times. It's a great workout too. Good luck to you! I've been working on maintaining 1200 calories, lots of water and working out a few days a week. I just started a 90 day health challenge a friend told me about as well. Have you tried varying up the workouts you're doing? Hope you get pass this bump in the road.
  • marilyngrant18
    Options
    Thanks for your input NC. Will look into the classes. I'm paying for a YMCA membership, I may as well use it. :)
    See if your YMCA has a water aerobics class. I have a friend who is scared of water who went with me a few times. It's a great workout too. Good luck to you! I've been working on maintaining 1200 calories, lots of water and working out a few days a week. I just started a 90 day health challenge a friend told me about as well. Have you tried varying up the workouts you're doing? Hope you get pass this bump in the road.
  • tlc12078
    tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Swimming is good exercise and shouldn't be bad on the feet. Treading water burns a ton of calories.

This^^^^^
  • rusialeelee
    Options
    I lost 18lbs in 60 days with a 1200 diet.
    I worked out everyday. Done 30 Day Shred and now doing Insanity
  • simonlcube
    simonlcube Posts: 73 Member
    Options

This advice is not necessarily medically correct. Swimming can give you foot tendinitis, either laps or water aerobics.

Never exercise if it is painful. Most important thing is to wear correctly fitted shoes. Applying cold to foot can help.

Because exercise is usually an important element of healthy weight loss, accept the possibility it might take you a little longer than you like with this condition.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    honestly, age is against you on this an even if you were younger it would be hard and probably not sustainable for the long term.

sorry but maybe you should readjust your expectations and time limits.

as for what exercise to do, i say weight lifting. even if you dont see the changes on the scale, 2 months is definitely enough time to see a drop in a pants size or 2.

check out new rules of lifting for women, starting strength or strong lifts

ETA: if you've plateaud after losing 10 pounds i'd guess that's becaue you havent been eating enough and your body is burning through lots of muscle
  • znkmommy
    znkmommy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Its possible l lost 20 in 55 days eating healthy and working out 3 days a week.