Bands you hate that everyone else seems to love..

Options

Replies

• missworld95
    missworld95 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Nickleback. Theory of a Dead man.

I really don't think those would be bands that everybody loves.... especially Nickleback

You would be surprised... where I live... EVERYONE loves them.. Especially Nickleback. Not kidding they sell out every time they come to the city I am in.

This makes me very sad.
  • Anastasia0511
    Anastasia0511 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Green Day, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Black Eyes Peas, No Doubt, System Of A Down, Linkin Park, Panic At The Disco, Dashboard Confessional, Modest Mouse, Brand New, Remy Zero, Nicky Minaj, Katy Perry, Tori Amos, AC DC, Led Zepplin, The Doors, The Beatles, Coldyplay, Madonna, Celine Dion, Christina Aquilera. Fall Out Boy, Clay Aiken, Jennifer Lopez, (but LOVE everything about her, just hate her singing). Marc Anthony, Dave Matthews, Matchbox 20, Rob Thomas, Kayne West, Usher, Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus, Duffy, Adele with a passion lol. To make it easier for you, just assume that I hate all bands that are played in the Billboard Top 100 minus John Mayer and Justin Timberlake :blushing: I could sit here for months and months filling up pages but won't waste your time or mine. :laugh:

Well then, what do you like?

NIN, KMFDM, Tiesto, DJ Scot Project, Paul Oakenfold, Armin van Buuren, Basement Jaxx, Echo, Armand Van Helden, Paul van Dkye, DJ Johnny Vicious, Freestylerz, Milk, Ashiva, ATB, Ferry Corsten, The Chemical Brothers, Remy Shand, Boney James, TNT, Chaka Khan, Earth Wind And Fire, Boz Scaggs, Doobie Brothers, Motley Crue, Ratt, Kix, Bang Tango, Faster *****cat, Dangerous Toys, Patty Lupone, Michael/Janet Jackson, Anastacia, John Mayer, Chicago, Toto, Missy Elliott, Tu Pac, Jodeci, Keith Sweat, Stevie B, Cameo, The Gap Band. Tony Bennett. R&B, soul, Drum N Bass, Lounge music, house, worldbeat, new age. Pretty much all techno and trance music is what I listen to the most. But there's tons of opera that I like, I love smooth jazz, and disco. I've had to listen to plenty of crap music working in this industry and I'm not saying the band member suck or anything just their music :wink: You can definitely add Nickleback and Theory Of A Deadman to that list too lol.
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Anything rap - I'm a Country girl.
  • kitten7911
    kitten7911 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    def leopard and bon jovi
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Nirvana here also. Ugh.
  • jackjack1983
    jackjack1983 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    nickelback sucks bad
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    don't remember the name of the band but HATE the song, "We are Young". It is on the radio all the time and I can't stand it!!

Damn you, this song is stuck in my head now.
  • LesIsMoreXX
    Options
    Lady Gaga. I just want to punch that dude in the face!
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I loathe the Bestie Boys...god it's like a fork to the eyes

Nickelback blows too
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    the chick that sings "...so call me maybe" God that songs annoying!
    don't care much for Shinedown
  • LesIsMoreXX
    Options
    nickelback sucks bad

This band sucks. I want my nickel back!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Lacuna Coil. Really. The chick can't sing and all of their music is ****ty, but EVERYBODY seems to love them. Ugh. Same goes for Megadeth. I like Megadeth in small portions. If I listen to it too often, I want to stab Dave Mustaine's face. A note to both of these singers: STOP SINGING THROUGH YOUR NOSE!

Other ones that I just can't stand: AC/DC, Paramore, Evanescence, 3 Doors Down, Faith No More (not sure if they're still popular, and I don't know why they ever were.), Journey, Blink 182, and Motley Crue.

Also, I hate almost all ballads.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    Options
    Nirvana here also. Ugh.

I don't mind the content of Nirvana's songs, I just wish they would have learned to play some new chords. I do hate the fact that most people think of them as the quintessential grunge band when there were sooo many better ones. Like Soundgarden, Mother Love Bone, Pearl Jam, and Temple of the Dog (I think they only did one album. Still more chords than Nirvana did their entire career.)
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    you are welcome hyperfang.:laugh:

if it makes you feel any better, i live with a daughter who loves all that crap by Usher and Chris Brown, etc.. If I hear "International Love" one more time, I am going to scream or cry!:sad: :explode:
  • GLJezebel
    GLJezebel Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Depeche Mode - except for me it isn't hating Depeche Mode, it is hating Dave Gahan.
  • LoveMyJeepGC
    LoveMyJeepGC Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I can top you ALL - I hate Bruce Springsteen! Maybe I shouldn't say that - I might get kicked out of the country!!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    Options
    Oh, and Van Halen. Maybe they were good performers, but that still doesn't make up for their lack of song-writing talent. And Ted Nugent. Bad "artist" and *kitten* insane.
  • missworld95
    Options
    Nirvana here also. Ugh.

I don't mind the content of Nirvana's songs, I just wish they would have learned to play some new chords. I do hate the fact that most people think of them as the quintessential grunge band when there were sooo many better ones. Like Soundgarden, Mother Love Bone, Pearl Jam, and Temple of the Dog (I think they only did one album. Still more chords than Nirvana did their entire career.)

To be fair...... Mother Love Bone was a glam band. Soundgarden is sort of metal and Pearl Jam is more classic rock. Nirvana is kind of punk. I think grunge is and always has been a bull term, if I have to call anyone 'grunge' it would be Mudhoney or the Melvins.
  • missworld95
    Options
    I can top you ALL - I hate Bruce Springsteen! Maybe I shouldn't say that - I might get kicked out of the country!!

Don't worry, I'm with you. My parents loved him and would play Born in the USA all the time when I was little. It was brutal. Even before I could speak.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    Options
    Nirvana here also. Ugh.

To be fair...... Mother Love Bone was a glam band. Soundgarden is sort of metal and Pearl Jam is more classic rock. Nirvana is kind of punk. I think grunge is and always has been a bull term, if I have to call anyone 'grunge' it would be Mudhoney or the Melvins.

I will give you Pearl Jam being more like classic rock, but there are several grunge elements to Soundgarden. They used some metal chords, but I would still categorize them as grunge for the most part. And, I also think that Mudhoney and the Melvins are still better at representing grunge than Nirvana.