just started tonight

Options
hey just started this tonight. i really want to give this a try and see if it works. never tried this type of thing before but my main issue has always been getting motivated to get up and do something. im a stay at home mom of young children and i also babysit my niece and nephew so im usually just at home all day. this school year is going to be different since ill only have my niece with me who is 1 so maybe ill take her for walks in the morning before the kindergarten kids are home for the day in the afternoon. would like to make friends with people going through the same things i am. maybe we can help support each other.

Replies

• Veronikitta
    Options
    My problem has been motivation too. You can lose weight by just changing the calories you eat even if you don't exercise. When the weight starts coming off, the motivation starts creeping up on you!
  • typingathome
    typingathome Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like. I type medical records from home and sit typing anywhere from 8 to 12 hours a day. We can do this together! Cindy
  • kvalmera
    kvalmera Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I just started back 3 weeks ago so I know how you feel. If you are home a lot (and I was a stay at home mom for 12 yrs) get an exercise DVD you all can do together. I remember when my nephew who is now 13 was very young, maybe 3-4 yrs old and my mom had Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds VHS (haha before DVDs) and he looooooooved them!!!!! He used to tell her "nana, its time to boxacise" he couldnt say exercise. She made it fun for him and then the other grandkids joined in!!

I enjoy her DVDs a lot and they are excellent if you arent able to get out much! Feel free to add me if you want :)